Nokia Lumia 925.2 at Negri Electronics

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
If someone is going to use it on T-Mobile, why not buy it for ~$200 at Newegg? T-Mobile will unlock it for free after 40 days of no-contract service and even if someone needs it unlocked sooner, it still seems cheaper to buy for ~$200 and pay to have it unlocked than pay ~$400 at Negri.

Exactly. It's $200 in so many places for a brand new T-Mo version, it makes little sense to buy anything else. Got mine from Amazon for $200 brand new a couple weeks ago. It's also popped up on HSN.com and Newegg.com at $200.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
If someone is going to use it on T-Mobile, why not buy it for ~$200 at Newegg? T-Mobile will unlock it for free after 40 days of no-contract service and even if someone needs it unlocked sooner, it still seems cheaper to buy for ~$200 and pay to have it unlocked than pay ~$400 at Negri.

Yea, given it has been released quite some time ago I'd say you are right. It's always nice to have a pentaband unbranded phone and not need to worry about T-Mobile's support of updates, however I don't think it's worth doubling the cost....

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I was looking at the prices on Negri and don't want to spend double what other sites are selling the device for. I was more curious on the 925.2 version because that version is supposedly pentaband and works on T-Mobile...and it comes in BLACK. The T-Mobile versions sold on Newegg and HSN are all the white versions.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I was looking at the prices on Negri and don't want to spend double what other sites are selling the device for. I was more curious on the 925.2 version because that version is supposedly pentaband and works on T-Mobile...and it comes in BLACK. The T-Mobile versions sold on Newegg and HSN are all the white versions.

Well the sides are always going to be a lighter aluminum, but you could just buy a black backplate off Ebay and put it on. It's extremely easy to take the back off. Just use a suction cup and a plastic pry tool. You could probably do the switch in about 5 minutes.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well the sides are always going to be a lighter aluminum, but you could just buy a black backplate off Ebay and put it on. It's extremely easy to take the back off. Just use a suction cup and a plastic pry tool. You could probably do the switch in about 5 minutes.
FYI, the black 925s have very dark side and end pieces. The white and gray versions seem to be the same bare metal look.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I flashed this ROM to my T-Mobile 925 to get Cyan and later 8.1.1. Internet Sharing and WiFi calling does not work, even with the foreign SIM trick. Battery life is slightly better than the core 8.1.1 OS + Black. Phone feels smooth and transitions are fast. I get LTE and HSPA+ on T-Mobile so AWS bands are still working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy