Nokia Lumia 928 will not connect to home wifi

joesantucci1981

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi my wife just got the Nokia Lumia 928 and it will not connect to our home wifi. I have tried all the security functions on our router but as long as the wifi is secure it will not connect. When I unsecure the wifi it works fine. I have reset the router and reset the phone but it did not work. Anyone know of a fix?

dlnorton2014

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Try forgetting the network. When in WiFi, hit "advanced", scroll down to your network. Press and hold. Delete the network. Restart your Lumia and try to connect to your home WiFi again. Best of luck!

jimmiet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi my wife just got the Nokia Lumia 928 and it will not connect to our home wifi. I have tried all the security functions on our router but as long as the wifi is secure it will not connect. When I unsecure the wifi it works fine. I have reset the router and reset the phone but it did not work. Anyone know of a fix?

What type of security is your router using, WEP, WPA, WPA2 (these are the more popular)? The 928 SHOULD connect to any of these: WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA, WPA-Personal, WEP, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a firmware upgrade for the router? You'll have to check on the website, routers don't do it automatically.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

dazorange

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In another thread I read that WP might have issues with WEP. So maybe you want to check that you have WPA or even better WPA2 encryption since it should work with those without any issues and also they are much better than WEP.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I've got an Apple Airport Extreme base station using WEP for security and my Lumia 928 connects without problems. I entered the WEP key in once and that was all I ever had to do. Connects automatically.

I vote for router firmware upgrade.

Ron.H

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, it seems that with many of these devices you have to broadcast the SSID, rather than keep it hidden. (unfortunately)

Wildflash

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I am having the problem too. Strangely, it had worked but now it won't connect. Very strange. I think it might be related to a setting change but I honestly can't tell which one I did trying to get internet sharing and SMS outgoing to work on TMOBILE. Anyone have this one solved?

Woops, just after writing the above post, I did something that worked previously. I put the phone right next to the router and it suddenly worked. I can't guarantee that being a couple of inches from the router really did it but that is three times now that it worked that way. Suggests it is the OS or the phone's reception although it has full wifi bars two rooms away now. Crazy.

Brandon Fowler3

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Ok I have a nokia Lumia 928 and the wifi was working fine until about 5am....the phone will not connect to the wifi and I tried every reset possible and I tried resetting the router and nothing worked. Can you please help me.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I get kicked off my router when there are too many connections. Its probably a setting in the router that only allows a select number of guests. When I turn off the router and plug it back in, I can connect. I get kicked off when a few more connections get on though...

yunni

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had a similar problem with my Nokia lumia 635 for a couple of weeks, and had deleted the wifi connection and then when I tried to enter the password this kept failing. Husband tried as well with "show password" and still failed. Deleted accounts on other devices with no problem and could reconnect to wifi after. Then tried today after reading this with phone right beside the router and all okay. Strange but worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit