Nokia Lumia 930: User Reviews

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Overall I really like this phone. Nice change from iOS (although I'm still a bit nervous about changing, having used an iPhone for the last five years!)

Pros
- Cortana is awesome. It actually understands everything I say, even through my New Zealand accent. Siri isn't as good with New Zealand accents from what I've seen.
- Great looking phone.
- Handy wireless recharger. It's easier to just drop it on the recharger and then pick it up again if I need it. No more fiddling with plugs!
- Amazing keyboard. Much, much, much better than iOS.

Cons
- Maps. No google maps! The built-in maps apps aren't as good.
- Apps. This really wasn't a big deal for me, even though all the reviews I have read of Windows Phones go on and on and on about it! But having said that, it's disconcerting walking pasts ads for new apps (Roo comes to mind) and feeling a bit stink that it won't be available on my phone.
- Poor battery life. After about 3 days of using it, it lasts about 7 hours. I'm not using it to watch videos, just to look up maps, general internet browsing, and music. Hopefully this improves…

Bugs
- Saying Hey Cortana doesn't wake up my phone
- Double tap to wake up phone doesn't always work
- I have the hardware fault where the proximity sensor turns on sometimes because of a lifted screen :(

Srdjan Obradovic

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Well, for me, this the second time that i own this phone. In the meantime i changed few android flagship but some nostalgy for Nokia brought me back to Lumia 930. And not only that, also great camera, premium look and build quality, smooth working and many more. But, i have this bitter taste when it comes to win os. Microsoft just keeps on disapointing me (us). So many people like this os, the look, the feel... but there are too many problems too. Now they presented lumia 950 with win10 that even doesn't work right. I'll keep on with this phone but after this one, i am not sure that i will give them another go. Probably it will me some Xiaomi model which has posibility to work either on android or win.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Falcon304, awesome review, poor ole geddy's voice is toast now. RUSH is a Canadian ICON. I cannot go see them live as Geddy is only a shell of his former wailing self. Awesome amazing phone! great in everyway. Only issue I have, no LTE.

jadonx

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I loved this phone, but getting disappointed that things like my surround sound not working with Win 10 update. The Nokia mix radio app was fantastic but was dropped. Like the extra action centre icons but feel they give to one hand and take from other. I hope Microsoft aren't loosing interest with older phones(too quickly) because that would put me off upgrading hardware in the future.

jadonx

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Noticed my previous post was the last this thread for awhile and looked a bit too negative. I have had my phone repaired after the upgrade but just have to say it is still the best phone I have owned. I just wish Microsoft had the belief in their product that we do because its core build is much better than Android and tips over Apple. It says something that on the phone arena site the user review rating are higher than the site review for the 930 which is higher than the iPhone 6! When I looked at buying between other phones it came down to which system would I miss the most and Windows was the clear winner!

Cuteness Overload

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After over 2 years of having the Nokia Lumia 930, my phone finally died quietly while connected to my desktop PC and never woke up again despite attempts at restarting and charging it. It seems like its battery has expired and due to its age, I am not considering repairs. I suppose this might as well as be a good time for me to leave one final review of the phone.

The phone... it was pretty nice, all things considered. Sure, it got hot really easily when web browsing for extended periods or gaming, accessory availability is a far cry from what you'd have with a Samsung or iPhone, and the camera is very slow to do things, and the battery life is very low during active use... the dreaded app gap finally showing its true colours by the last few months of its life as major apps just not bother with it...

I really liked it for the good things it had. It was fast (outside of starting it up), smooth, it was easy to use, and a lot of things are just arranged logically in retrospect. It even survived an upgrade to Windows 10, and later the Anniversary Update, after months of waiting. The camera was excellent once it finally does it thing. The fixed 32 GB of storage never bothered me much, and in fact I felt like I couldn't quite use all of them. Transferring files to and from a PC was also very easily done and fuss-free with File Explorer - the Windows Phone sync tool does make it a more simplified experience for those that would prefer to "click and sync", and I liked it the first few times, I preferred doing things the manual way later on in its life.

You'll be missed, my Lumia 930.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124