Nokia shareholders approve acquisition

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Whoop! I was worried it may fail but im happy it went through. Kept having sick flashes of android on Nokia hardware if it failed. *shudder*

I'm hoping this means a promising 2014!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So, wait, does this mean that Microsoft can start incorporating Nokia's services into themselves or do they have to wait until 2014?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear this news. Also it has to get clearance from the EU doesn't it. We know how much they love Microsoft ;) Hopefully the EU one gets passed soon though. That one supposed to be cleared by December 4th apparently.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The talk in the internet would have had you believe that many shareholders were against it.

99% were for it.

That shows how much you can trust internet whining, no matter how loud it may be.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see what an MS Lumia will look like. Nokia seems to be using the same design concept for all of their phones since the Lumia 900 came out and it is getting a little stale. I don't want them to go the same route as Samsung where they release the same phone but in different sizes.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see what an MS Lumia will look like. Nokia seems to be using the same design concept for all of their phones since the Lumia 900 came out and it is getting a little stale. I don't want them to go the same route as Samsung where they release the same phone but in different sizes.

Surface Phone :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear this news. Also it has to get clearance from the EU doesn't it. We know how much they love Microsoft ;) Hopefully the EU one gets passed soon though. That one supposed to be cleared by December 4th apparently.

the EU makes sense since its Nokia being sold, but does America have to clear anything or have they already done that?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
the EU makes sense since its Nokia being sold, but does America have to clear anything or have they already done that?
Not exactly sure how it all works to be honest. They seem to need some kind of permission from the EU to do this takeover though by the sounds of it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, both of the sets of regulators from the US and I guess the EU must sign off on it. Here in the States this is a non-issue. If MS was buying Samsung, maybe there would be anti-competitive issues the regulators would worry about. But Nokia's marketshare here "soared" to 4%, so there should be no issue at all. I would suppose The Finns could fight it, but I have no idea how regulatory laws are written across Europe.

But, if both sides say early 2014, then I feel there will be no real opposition.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I can honestly say there will be very little different in MS branded phones then Nokia branded phones, at least for the first year. Let's not forget that Google purchased Motorola's handset division in August 2011, took until mid 2012 to get everything approved, but the Moto X was the first device really designed and released by Motorola under Google's ownership, and that was Summer 2014.

What ever WP 8.1 devices are in the pipeline/design phase now at Nokia will be what comes out for a while. These things take time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire