Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

greythorne

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok this is what happened. I tried using Nokia software recovery tool 1.4.3 and it says that "could not read data from selected phone"! Any idea how to overcome this? I'm on Nokia Lumia 1520. I was thinking it must be easy but I tried uninstall and install the tool and even disable SIM password as well removing Nokia USB drivers but still the same issue. Anyone can help on this?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some questions for you.

Did you connect to your computer prior to using the tool without issue?

Are you on WP8.1 and did you connect to your computer before trying to use the software?

What Windows OS are you using?

greythorne

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Some questions for you.

Did you connect to your computer prior to using the tool without issue?

Are you on WP8.1 and did you connect to your computer before trying to use the software?

What Windows OS are you using?

I was able to copy and paste without issue prior to using the tool. But once I start the tool it ask for the phone to be connected and that's where this message pops up saying cannot read data from selected phone.

I'm on WP8.1 DEV.

Windows 7 SP1.

iI'm actually trying to downgrade to WP 8.0 using the tool.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Simplest thing to do is reinstall the USB drivers and see if that fixes things.

Just in case you don't know how to do this.

Start -> Control panel -> Hardware and sound -> Device manager -> Portable devices (in the list)

Right click on Windows Phone -> click Uninstall driver. There should be a check box saying 'Delete this driver from you computer' check that. If it's not there don't worry about it.

Restart your computer. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Unlock your phone then plug in your phone to the USB. Let the drivers install before doing anything. This usually takes a couple of minutes. Normally there's an icon in the task bar that usually gets hidden when you're installing driver, it looks like a box with a green ball going around it. Wait until you get the notification that the drivers are installed.

Make sure you can view the phone folders etc.

Try the Nokia software again.

danielgr

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on a Nokia 925 with WP8.1 Dev Preview (running the Nokia tool in Windows 8.1 Update1).
Tried what you said but that didn't really help me out.

Anyone else got this to work ??

Jephren Perez

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I was having this same problem with my 520.

I got it to work by resetting my phone via the "About" option in Settings (I figured it was worth a shot since I was going to be losing everything anyway).

As soon as it booted past the gears, it was detected by the NSRT and is currently in the process of the 1.35 GB download.

Hope this helps others!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
use a 2.0 usb port.
faced the same problem with a 3.0 port.

Thank you so much!! I kept having errors about Windows 7 giving me an error of USB device not recognized when my Lumia rebooted into FLASH mode to receive the software update from NSRT. I moved my USB cable to a different set of ports on my computer and it worked!

Modestyli0

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for you nice help! In fact, when my phone memory card photos were deleted by mistaken operations, this thread gave me many useful clues to get my needed images back, especially the mentioned data recovery software. Moreover, more luckily, when searching some related data recovery information on the internet, I also found a video tutorial that helped a lot here:
youtube.com/watch?v=Lqb0uxpq2mQ
Overall, this thread gave me many helps.
Thank you very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz