Nokia, you have too much on the market.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This is what Nokia has always done, Samsung uses the exact same model Nokia has been using since 2001 and is now dominating.
Like others have said, Nokia's main market do not know anything about Lumia 928 or the other US operator models. On high end there's 1020, 925 and 920 globally.

Imo this is WP's strenght. Moderated hardware and software for better software opimization, unified UI like on iOS, but a lot of different devices, like on Android.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
My nokia 820 has devalued in money so much because of this that no one wants to buy it
I bought it 3 months ago and am now ready to upgrade only no one wants to buy a second hand lumia 820, i always look after my phones and am usually able to sell them and only pay a small amount to be able to upgrade, this is the first time im stuck with phone i cant sell.
is tis a windows phone problem or a nokia flooding the market problem ??

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My nokia 820 has devalued in money so much because of this that no one wants to buy it
I bought it 3 months ago and am now ready to upgrade only no one wants to buy a second hand lumia 820, i always look after my phones and am usually able to sell them and only pay a small amount to be able to upgrade, this is the first time im stuck with phone i cant sell.
is tis a windows phone problem or a nokia flooding the market problem ??

You bought a midrange phone, when a high end phone usually only resells around $300 fresh off of the assembly line, what makes you think a midrange device is going to have extraordinary secondary market value.
You're holding an 8 month old device that wasn't top-tier when it came out. You can't expect a hefty turn-around on that and if you did, I'm just dying to see your investment portfolio.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
As i live in new zealand we only had 920 & 820. the 820 was 2nd top & still full price 3 months ago when i bought it, now we have 820 920 520 and soon all the others.i paid $699 NZD 3 months ago and cant even sell it with 3 charging shells ($50 each) for $200 NZD.
no way should a phone loose that amount of resell value in that small space of time.
im now having second thoughts about buying a new lumia if i wont be able to sell it on in the future.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Let's have a look at prices in Switzerland (new devices, no contract or branding, all prices in Swiss Francs including taxes, taken from digitec.ch)

Lumia 925: 599.-
Lumia 920: 399.-
Lumia 820: 369.-
Lumia 720: 332.-
Lumia 620: 239.-
Lumia 520: 189.-

What stands out is the Lumia 925 which is very expensive in comparison to the Lumia 920. Would I spend 200 Swiss Francs only for the looks? I don't think so but there are certainly people who'd do that.

What also stands out is that the Lumia 720, 820 and 920 all are priced in the same range and that the Lumia 520 and 620 almost cost the same. Maybe it's because Switzerland is a rich country, but I don't see anybody choose the 520 over the 620 to save 50 Swiss Francs or the 720 over the 920 to save 60 Swiss Francs.

At least for our market, I feel there are to many devices with similar prices. Maybe this is the reason I have never seen anything different than Lumia 800 and Lumia 920 in the wild here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As i live in new zealand we only had 920 & 820. the 820 was 2nd top & still full price 3 months ago when i bought it, now we have 820 920 520 and soon all the others.i paid $699 NZD 3 months ago and cant even sell it with 3 charging shells ($50 each) for $200 NZD.
no way should a phone loose that amount of resell value in that small space of time.
im now having second thoughts about buying a new lumia if i wont be able to sell it on in the future.

UIfyyoutthinktthatloss of resale value was shocking, you should have seen what happened to the 810 in the US when t-mo EOL'ed it. It lost about the same value in the space of two weeks.

cotras

May 26, 2013
Visit site
A smartphone model is always a trade-off between performance, size, battery life, camera, display quality etc. and cost.
Even if there are several models close to same price, they are built with different sets fo trade-offs, meaning less potential customers are left completely out.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you have a problem with the naming of lumias not the number of Lumias out in the market. You can't take those phones off the market because they are on different carriers+styled differently. Nokia is doing the right thing by flooding the market with a model for everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria