Non-clickable hyperlinks in Metro Mail messages sent from WP8

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've been having an issue for a while that has been annoying me and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Sometimes when I am browsing my Twitter feed or browsing the web on my WP8 device (Lumia 920) I like to email a link or a tweet to myself at my Live email address so that I can view it later on my PC. It comes in handy sometimes when I have a long article I want to read, or there is an embedded video on a webpage that will not play on my phone, for example. My issue is that whenever I send myself an email with a hyperlink in it, the Metro Mail app just shows the link as plain text; I then need to copy the link manually and paste it into the address bar in my browser. When I view the sent or received email on my WP8 device the links are always clickable, but they never are in the Mail app on my W8 PC. This occurs whether I use the Share option on my phone or I manually copy and paste a webpage link into an email before sending.

The W8 Mail app appears to convert all other hyperlinks in emails so that they are clickable and open in a browser, but never does when I send email from WP8.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have the same issue. They show as hyperlinks for me in Outlook 2013, but my wife can never click on them from her various email programs.

Because of this, I know for a fact she never reads any links that I send her. Grr

Ryan Ashton

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I too have just discovered this problem - very annoying!! Is it a bug or something? It only a problem when sending from WP8 to the Metro mail app. In any other scenario all's well.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Shumiz

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not a bug but a lack of future. A very annoying one. I sent a message to microsoft developers through feedback button in options. I suggest you do the same. The more the merrier...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven