Not receiving notifications from apps when on WiFi

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 830; W10M Insider preview build 14393.10; fast ring.

Apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, FB (beta), Twitter, etc. have not been receiving any notifications (I don't really know since when).

I have to open those apps to see if I have received any notification, especially WhatsApp.

I thought I may have messed up some settings but couldn't figure out which ones.

Then I turned on the mobile data after a long time (I mostly only use WiFi) as I was out of town and suddenly received lots of notifications in the Action Centre which would have not happened had my phone been on WiFi.

But I do receive notifications from Outlook Mail even when on WiFi.

So, any idea what the problem may be? I mean, why doesn't my phone receive any notification from the earlier mentioned apps when on WiFi but does when on mobile data? Thanks.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This is wierd but hope it works for you. Though there is no option to set wifi as metered in windows 10 mobile, some people with both a windows 10 PC and phone found that if you connect both your phone and PC to the same wifi network and set the wifi connection on your PC as metered, the setting syncs to the phone. Notifications are then limited on the phone as well (like I said, it's wierd). Manage wifi on both your PC and phone and remove the connection, set your wifi back on both devices but don't set the wifi as metered on the PC. If you don't have a windows 10 PC, then just remove the wifi connection and set it back up. It's a longshot and I hope it works out.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is wierd but hope it works for you. Though there is no option to set wifi as metered in windows 10 mobile, some people with both a windows 10 PC and phone found that if you connect both your phone and PC to the same wifi network and set the wifi connection on your PC as metered, the setting syncs to the phone. Notifications are then limited on the phone as well (like I said, it's wierd). Manage wifi on both your PC and phone and remove the connection, set your wifi back on both devices but don't set the wifi as metered on the PC. If you don't have a windows 10 PC, then just remove the wifi connection and set it back up. It's a longshot and I hope it works out.

is your phone on official release or insider builds?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
have you tried a different wifi network or removing the one you use and adding it back?
Yup. Didn't help.

This is wierd but hope it works for you. Though there is no option to set wifi as metered in windows 10 mobile, some people with both a windows 10 PC and phone found that if you connect both your phone and PC to the same wifi network and set the wifi connection on your PC as metered, the setting syncs to the phone. Notifications are then limited on the phone as well (like I said, it's wierd). Manage wifi on both your PC and phone and remove the connection, set your wifi back on both devices but don't set the wifi as metered on the PC. If you don't have a windows 10 PC, then just remove the wifi connection and set it back up. It's a longshot and I hope it works out
Thanks but my WiFi connection is not set as a metered one.

FYI, I just noticed that WhatsApp beta receives notifications as usual but not the stable one. I'm not able to figure out what the problem is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss