Notification area/systray icons too wide?

W

WPCentral Question

Anyone have an idea on how to reduce the system tray icon sizes? I don't mean the icon image but the click/touch targets. The spacing between systray icons are larger than in previous versions of Windows.

However, in nearly everyone else's W10 screenshots, I see everyone's systray icons much closer together, like in Windows 7.

How do I go about changing this? I normally use a vertical taskbar with the slimmest width and it's causing a single column of all my systray icons.

My DPI's at 100%, and the presence of Cortana and the Task View button don't seem to matter. Tablet mode is disabled (I don't have a touchscreen). Large/small taskbar icons don't seem to matter.

IcyStorm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Okay so my systray icons are spaced like this
a2efac640e.png

But I've seen most others' systrays have icons closer together like:
9BWDddU.jpg

Attachments

• a2efac640e.png
    a2efac640e.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 27

luchosacco

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey IcyStorm,

I am having the exact same issue you have mentioned on this and other forums, where the systray icons are uncomfortably spaced, not as they show up for everyone else!!
I did notice that you have not replied back to any of the sites you have posted this question, and I was wondering if you might have found a solution for the problem. Can you help me out?

2015-08-28_171005.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2015-08-28_171005.png
    2015-08-28_171005.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 10

IcyStorm

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info :) We'll try to pass it along. Btw in which thread did you find the answer?

Someone told me on Microsoft Answers. http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6ab6e0dd-fe13-48e7-8eeb-c0d12abee6f3

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few other programs that can cause this, particularly those might adjust the Windows UI or something when in use. I don't know why Splashtop Streamer does this (especially when it's not being used) and there are no options currently to fix this within the program.