O2- UK - Cyan - supposed to be available, but not downlaoding

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure then sorry, I know there has been a lot of confusion about o2 and Cyan lately, o2 saying all their phones are approved, Nokias site saying some of them are, and supposedly it's down to Nokia/MS to push the update, passing the buck so to speak

Someone with an o2 520 should chime in

If you're already running 8.1 Dev Preview, there's no noticeable differences between black and cyan anyway in my experience, other than an arrow on the wifi icon telling you when data is being sent/received

anon(5843918)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I downloaded cyan from O2 in uk on Saturday evening and then received 8.1 updated. All is fine. This was for 620

My O2 620 has yet to receive the update even though it says its available on the page :-( Whenever I check it always says phone is up to date even though I am running Lumia black

occidental620

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Extras+info on my 620 shows Lumia Cyan and the following
Manufacturer rm-846_eu_euro1_273
Operator. O2O-GB
Configuration Id 443598
Core Build. 3058.50000.1425.10479

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. My Operator is the same.
I'm trying a factory reset to see if there's something in the developer preview that's stopping it working. All my important stuff is on Exchange, so restore is trivial.

GhostyDog

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. My Operator is the same.
I'm trying a factory reset to see if there's something in the developer preview that's stopping it working. All my important stuff is on Exchange, so restore is trivial.

I have read elsewhere that you have to downgrade from developer preview to upgrade to Cyan.

Can't post a link, Google is your friend.

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Interesting - the latest version of the Software Recovery Tool appears to be installing a later version of the software than I have from DP - 3058.50000.1425.0006 - could this be Cyan?

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, that was a waste of time. I now have the little extra icon to show data being used. However, I've lost Cortana, home screen folders and probably other stuff too.
Due an upgrade later this month!

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to keep replying to myself, but maybe this will help someone.
The Cyan update has given me WP8.1, but not all the new stuff that the developer preview gave me. I've turned on developer preview again and it's downloading an update. I guess O2 haven't cleared everything for the 520 yet (if they ever will).

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720 is O2, Cyan was available for it but couldnt DL Cyan as DP was blocking it, tried to downgrade to 8.0 but that only bricked the phone, took it for repair hoping it would return with Cyan and 8.1 but no, it returned with Black and a new serial number ! once set up i checked updates and Cyan and 8.1 downloaded and worked fine for a few hours, changed settings to get Cortana which meant a few reboots and the phone yet again semi hung itself, this time blue screen of sad face which really pi**ed me off, after a try with NSRT which failed i found a thread which showed the power, volumeup/down power reset, luckily it worked and came back to life, another DL of all apps and updates and i`m up and running with official Cyan and 8.1 on O2, no Cortana Uk Beta but then i am definitely not going back to DP, i would IF Ms hadn't screwed it up so much but now its totally screwed i`m out

and on a side note and totally off topic but i just cant see Ms sustaining WP for much longer, as much as we all love it and non or few of us want to use Crapple or Lagdroid Ms market share is soo low it just cannot continue, even for the mighty wealthy Ms, 18 months at best IF market share stays rock bottom, shame as i have absolutely enjoyed watching and using WP 7/8 mature and improve and with the death of "Nokia the great" i`m not sure where else or what else i would use ?? i guess lagdroid but never ever Crapple

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion