Off contract Nokias versus Titan

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering replacing my aging Titan with an off-contract Lumia for $100 or less. Are any of the Lumia's in that price range actually an upgrade over the Titan? I'm thinking of the 520 or 620 and I'd rather keep the old beast if I'm not gaining anything other than the OS upgrade.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
You are gaining way more then an OS upgrade- you are gaining app support, firmware upgrades (HTC gave the Titan no support when WP7.5 was new, they sure aren't gonna do anything now), and improved processor performance to run these upgrades.

Obviously, this boils down to your Titan and your desire. If you are interested or if your T1 is showing signs of age, pretty much any Nokia will do the trick. As a complete side note, the L625 will have the same size screen as your T1 if you can find one in your price range. Otherwise, those L520's are beloved and bragged on by all who own them.

mailman27

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
You are gaining way more then an OS upgrade- you are gaining app support, firmware upgrades (HTC gave the Titan no support when WP7.5 was new, they sure aren't gonna do anything now), and improved processor performance to run these upgrades.

Obviously, this boils down to your Titan and your desire. If you are interested or if your T1 is showing signs of age, pretty much any Nokia will do the trick. As a complete side note, the L625 will have the same size screen as your T1 if you can find one in your price range. Otherwise, those L520's are beloved and bragged on by all who own them.

Thanks for the advice. Being shut out of the WP8 apps environment has been pretty brutal. I'm going to shop around and see if I can't find a good BF deal on one of the Lumias and turn my old T1 into a media player or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99