Official My Lumia 1520 shipped Thread

CollingwoodFc

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Ordered yellow from ebay a week ago. Actually ordered 2 more for colleagues and all arrived in 5 days from Hong Kong to Kuwait. Black, white and yellow. We are all very happy. Ive made my friends and myself #switch 2 #lumia 😊

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Been 14 days since ordering two phones from the Microsoft Store. Got through to someone today who explained there were many problems including overselling the device by accident, the warehouse in TX being snowed in all week and capacity delays by UPS. He said they might ship again next week. This situation is pretty frustrating, two weeks just to ship an item seems extreme.

Yea things were bad here in dallas and ft worth..and ups simply stopped shipping. I still have a package out for delivery and it's stuck less then five miles away and they're still say due to last week's bad storm.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I just saw this phone in the windows display of my local store and it has gotten my ****** geek running wild in my head. Hope to save up for this along with a PS4...woot

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mofoliar

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
just finally got mine ordered almost 2 wks ago... but originally ordered the red, but decided on the yellow instead with white Amzer Case... like it... differently differ from Nexus 5 in the size, setting up not bad either!! Got my 64G SD all situated with music and got my gmail contacts all sync... looks good, just need a nano sim then all good.. hope everyone that is waiting for 1520, i think its gonna be a winner..

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Day 20, my phones are still "Processing" at the Microsoft Store. Still no ETA, just told to call back in 7 days. Anyone else in Microsoft Store limbo?

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Bought mine on ebay. It Shipped on the 18th from a location 200 miles from me using "expedited" shipping. That's Priority Mail. Went from Hollywood Florida, then South to Miami. Stayed in Miami a full 24 hours. then moved North. Today at 7 Am it says it was in Mid Florida. Zip code 32799. I never saw tracking that said" Mid Florida." Not only that, it says that delivery is tomorrow. The Post office is a joke Sometimes. I don't know if every gadget nut is like me, but I am like a bad Kid at Christmas. The really sad thing is my age. I retired this year. filed early and collecting Social Security. Crazy, huh?.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You want to hear a good story listen to this!!..MUST READ!.

Ordered on the November 8th for preorder, Called MS like most of you did on the 22nd asking why mine has not shipped yet, when it really should have been delivered on the 22nd... The chat rep opened up a case for me regarding the issue. The day after(Saturday) i received my 1520 via UPS. I decided that Monday i wanted to return it. I called MS and they said they have no record them even shipping me the phone but see that the card was charged for it, the order is in process so they cannot start the return process for me. Case #1 was started and escalated so someone else could begin the process for me, i was told i would receive my return shipping label within 24-72hrs. I call that Wednesday asking why my shipping label has not been emailed to me. Case #2 is opened and escalated, again i am told i will receive my return label within 24hrs. I wait until the following Monday and by this time i am really liking the 1520 after spending a full week with it. I still wanted to return it so i called again and then same issue, cannot start the return process as it shows the order is in process, Case #3 is opened. I then decided i really wanted to keep the phone but noticed some issues with losing signal, i figured the SIM card was loose which it seemed to be. So i called again on the December 4th, same issues, bla bla bla....Case #4 is opened! This time the tech realized that the previous 3 other people were using the "escalation form" so it went to the wrong department and that department could not do anything as well with it. So i told them i really liked the phone and wanted to order a new one, which i did, full price same as the first one. I received that one on December 6th and recieved my return label for the 1st one on the 6th also finally!....Then over the next week i start receiving return shipping labels for the previous 3 cases that were opened, with the tech's constantly emailing me if i am sending it back....you can imagine i am pretty annoyed by now...

Anyway...after spending the last two weeks with the second 1520 i decided again to return this one as there are quite a few things that just bug me about it, great phone but i just don't think it is going to work out...So i start the return process a couple days ago and finally just shipped the thing out a couple hours ago. Then about 15 minutes ago I RECIEVED THE SHIPPING LABEL FOR THE ONE THAT WAS ORDERED ON NOVEMBER 8th!! LOL...They say my card has been charged already, which it does show that it does...on the 21st, but i received my refund for it already lol... So now i am getting another 1520, another free case, another free $50 gift card.....The kicker is on the previous two returns they told me to keep everything and just send the phone back. So now if i actually end up with this phone for free in the end, I will get the 1520...3x $50 MS Gift Card, 2x free cases....

They are really messed up over there I will say!

nthknd

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
You want to hear a good story listen to this!!..MUST READ!.

Ordered on the November 8th for preorder, Called MS like most of you did on the 22nd asking why mine has not shipped yet, when it really should have been delivered on the 22nd... The chat rep opened up a case for me regarding the issue. The day after(Saturday) i received my 1520 via UPS. I decided that Monday i wanted to return it. I called MS and they said they have no record them even shipping me the phone but see that the card was charged for it, the order is in process so they cannot start the return process for me. Case #1 was started and escalated so someone else could begin the process for me, i was told i would receive my return shipping label within 24-72hrs. I call that Wednesday asking why my shipping label has not been emailed to me. Case #2 is opened and escalated, again i am told i will receive my return label within 24hrs. I wait until the following Monday and by this time i am really liking the 1520 after spending a full week with it. I still wanted to return it so i called again and then same issue, cannot start the return process as it shows the order is in process, Case #3 is opened. I then decided i really wanted to keep the phone but noticed some issues with losing signal, i figured the SIM card was loose which it seemed to be. So i called again on the December 4th, same issues, bla bla bla....Case #4 is opened! This time the tech realized that the previous 3 other people were using the "escalation form" so it went to the wrong department and that department could not do anything as well with it. So i told them i really liked the phone and wanted to order a new one, which i did, full price same as the first one. I received that one on December 6th and recieved my return label for the 1st one on the 6th also finally!....Then over the next week i start receiving return shipping labels for the previous 3 cases that were opened, with the tech's constantly emailing me if i am sending it back....you can imagine i am pretty annoyed by now...

Anyway...after spending the last two weeks with the second 1520 i decided again to return this one as there are quite a few things that just bug me about it, great phone but i just don't think it is going to work out...So i start the return process a couple days ago and finally just shipped the thing out a couple hours ago. Then about 15 minutes ago I RECIEVED THE SHIPPING LABEL FOR THE ONE THAT WAS ORDERED ON NOVEMBER 8th!! LOL...They say my card has been charged already, which it does show that it does...on the 21st, but i received my refund for it already lol... So now i am getting another 1520, another free case, another free $50 gift card.....The kicker is on the previous two returns they told me to keep everything and just send the phone back. So now if i actually end up with this phone for free in the end, I will get the 1520...3x $50 MS Gift Card, 2x free cases....

They are really messed up over there I will say!

Ok I'm confused. Did you like the phone? Is it going to workout after all? And for all your confusion you end up with a free phone?

Sent from my C6802 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, after 22 days of Processing, the MS Store just cancelled my order and told me to order it again. But I ordered it on Cyber Monday at $100, and of course it is no longer that price. Cannot believe they screwed me on this.

Update: Interesting thing I just noticed, the MS Store no longer lists any phones with on contract pricing for AT&T. Wonder what happened.

abzopatz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys... i have a question relating to the future-proof potential of the 1520

Thought the 1520 is the most high spec-ed WP8 device out there and might also be one of the last REAL NOKIA phones,

heres a few questions i would like to ask about its future potential..

1.. When WP 8.1 is released will the device have full support ?

2.. Are there chances microsoft may offer better support for the later to come microsoft branded phones and give lesser preference to the NOKIA branded phones ?

3.. WP 8.1 is rumored to have on screen keys rather than physical ones, if future devices are launched without capacitive keys will older phones still support all features?

I agree that there are no good answers to these questions, but speculations would be great since microsoft is well know to cut off support and not give upgrades

so guys just answer away!

R.I.P NOKIA :( .....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
1.. When WP 8.1 is released will the device have full support ?

Yes. Most WP8 devices will be supported.
2.. Are there chances microsoft may offer better support for the later to come microsoft branded phones and give lesser preference to the NOKIA branded phones ?

Depends on what you mean by support. If new phones are made free of some carrier restrictions then by the nature of that it will receive better support.
Otherwise it shouldn't make a difference. MS is buying Nokia's devices & services division. Those old phones will also be MS products.
3.. WP 8.1 is rumored to have on screen keys rather than physical ones, if future devices are launched without capacitive keys will older phones still support all features?
It should. It's just an option for what to use as input method. Like having a different controller configuration than the default for an Xbox game.

Phmzul

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
uqa3u7ep.jpg
4eqapuna.jpg
uqu2a3e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abzopatz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
thanks brother...

what i mean by support was more on the lines of microsoft pushing its brand value onto the playground and launching updates quicker for microsoft branded phones or feature sets unique only to msft branded phones rather than the nokias..

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
After a month of waiting and getting my order cancelled, received the following from the Microsoft Store:

"I have reviewed the order and since it got held in a suppressed state the order was never correct in the system and you were not charged. Unfortunately we are not matching Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals."

Guess I am sticking with my 521. 😞

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
After a month of waiting and getting my order cancelled, received the following from the Microsoft Store:
"Unfortunately we are not matching Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals."
��

That's interesting. They messed up and they say ... "Too bad, so sad."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BulkExtreme