Old workhorse, Nokia C1-01 - need info

N Name

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Have moved from the US to the UK. Have two C1-01 that we have had for years, love, and that still were going strong when we left the USA. We'd like to be able to continue to use them.

Am finding only sim cards here in the UK that are 3-in-1. C1-01 manual warns stridently against using sim cards with cutouts for smaller sims. Do they even make the old standard-sized sim cards anymore?

Also, in Googling I'm coming up with three different answers for the frequencies the C1-01 uses. GSM 900/1800, GSM 850/1900, and all four. Are there two different models of this phone (one for the Americas, one for the Europe/Africa/Asia) or will the phone actually do all four frequencies?

Without a standard sim with no cutout I can't chance firing it up to see if connects with 02 or one of the other 2G networks in the UK.

Thanks for any info you might have. Have already spent an entire day trying to sort this out. Contacted Nokia, and they sent me to Microsoft, saying they had no info on older phones and that it was all at MS now.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have moved from the US to the UK. Have two C1-01 that we have had for years, love, and that still were going strong when we left the USA. We'd like to be able to continue to use them.

Am finding only sim cards here in the UK that are 3-in-1. C1-01 manual warns stridently against using sim cards with cutouts for smaller sims. Do they even make the old standard-sized sim cards anymore?

Also, in Googling I'm coming up with three different answers for the frequencies the C1-01 uses. GSM 900/1800, GSM 850/1900, and all four. Are there two different models of this phone (one for the Americas, one for the Europe/Africa/Asia) or will the phone actually do all four frequencies?

Without a standard sim with no cutout I can't chance firing it up to see if connects with 02 or one of the other 2G networks in the UK.

Thanks for any info you might have. Have already spent an entire day trying to sort this out. Contacted Nokia, and they sent me to Microsoft, saying they had no info on older phones and that it was all at MS now.

when c1-01 was out did they used to have the sim with cutouts?

lawalove

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
I have 10 batteries and two c1-01s. They used to be back up phones for a health care center but never used. Found when we closed down the office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett