One heck of a week for W10 Mobile. What's everyone feeling?

peter32

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
mattiasnyc

I'm not sure I understand. You can't access your MS Office files on OneDrive using a W10M phone?

A: I actually view files from my office backuped OneDrive documents. I also uses CCTV apps for own home security, minor chatting, surfed internet, minor music and video viewing. In short, I am not a heavy user but some variety of activities. Old window phone only managed the office file viewing and media playing. CCTV was out of the questions. I don't play games at all.​

It's not better for those of us who prefer the Windows 10 Mobile phone OS. It's worse for us. The more people that get these W10M phones the better. The only argument that MS has against making, promoting or sponsoring new phones is that they're not selling. If they're not selling then people aren't investing.

A: I did try to hang on to the OS and its ecology. But Microsoft gave us poor updates, let problem literally hanged on for years. I don't know how you call that behaviour, for me it was a 'if you don't like it, just get lost'.​

So we as users all have a choice here: We can encourage consumers to get W10M phones because that helps all W10M phone users as further sales increase the desire to invest in the platform....

Or we can continue to whine about it on social media... and whine and whine and whine...

It shouldn't be rocket science figuring out which one is better for W10M......

A: I understand your position and your belief that if we provide a customer base, they will keep the OS. But I didn't whine about it mind you. I moved on. Its a choice. I actually loved the hardware, even to this day.​

You're responsible for your data. Was this data created using a Nokia phone when Nokia and Lumia were unrelated to Microsoft, or was it created after MS took over part of it?

A: It was one of those Nokia proprietary photo apps that produce special photos which allowed us to refocus (can't recall the name now). I loved them. I kept a few of those in their online folder, and now, gone. I don't know if they allowed us to download, and to which format. Its definitely not the usual jpg etc.​

At what point did you discover that you could not read this photos and were you ever able to convert them to a different format that current phones can read?

At some point the consumer actually has a responsibility for the technology he owns and for its usage. It's not all the manufacturers fault all the time.

A: Agreed. So I am now looking for an OS that probably will last slightly longer in the market.​

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Most of what has came out is the results of the retrenchment strategy and interpretation of documents. A lot of it is assumption built on minimal facts.

Personally, I'm good just now, yeah I'd like some good news, ideally some new hardware and an idea of where Microsoft is taking the platform short term as well.

Still getting app updates, phone updates, phone still works, so things are fine. Looking forward to something coming up at build or Dan and Zac are getting stormed on twitter for giving false hope (according to our interpretations of their tweets lol).

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Most of what has came out is the results of the retrenchment strategy and interpretation of documents. A lot of it is assumption built on minimal facts.

Personally, I'm good just now, yeah I'd like some good news, ideally some new hardware and an idea of where Microsoft is taking the platform short term as well.

Still getting app updates, phone updates, phone still works, so things are fine. Looking forward to something coming up at build or Dan and Zac are getting stormed on twitter for giving false hope (according to our interpretations of their tweets lol).

Logically, MS wants in this space, it'll be awhile before they are positioned for a refresh, a surface phone or similar, especially app wise. WoA isn't battery optimised like mobile OSes either. Commercially it makes no sense to me for them to end their support for win10m now, and apps? yeah, personally, I see them getting better not worse. I believe in the onecore one OS strategy commercially. I think its a solid play. A slow burner for sure, but a solid play.

Only thing I'd like to see is more hardware sometime in the next year. Even if its just another HP, and not consumer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss