One week in... questions / problems

wprealm

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I do have the OS, and am giving it a chance. I am not going to return the phone because I can't take screen shots lol. I just was pointing things out I thought were strange. I like the maps app, I just wasn't sure how to use it obviously. not sure why a few people in here really think I want to go back to iPhone. Re read my post, I want to get away from anything apple, and that is why I spent 500 dollars on this phone, and did not listen to a sales rep, just told them what I wanted and bought it.

as far as the speaker on the back, I never knew most phones had this. The iPhone didn't and I know the new Nokia lumia has a speaker on the bottom of the phone, and not on the back. How are you disagreeing that putting a speaker on the back of the phone is a bad idea? Lol.

Once again, I think iPhones are corny, everyone has one, and the OS looks fisher price like.. That is why I wanted to get rid of it. I do not want to switch back. I was just complaining about the maps (since resolved), the internet browser not having a jump to top of page gesture (not the end of the world), not being able to take screen shots (I still find this really strange and much needed), and... Well I can't remember what else I was complaining about so it must not have been an issue. I like this os a heck of a lot better than ios!!!!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
as far as the speaker on the back, I never knew most phones had this. The iPhone didn't and I know the new Nokia lumia has a speaker on the bottom of the phone, and not on the back. How are you disagreeing that putting a speaker on the back of the phone is a bad idea? Lol.

Once again, I think iPhones are corny, everyone has one, and the OS looks fisher price like.. That is why I wanted to get rid of it. I do not want to switch back. I was just complaining about the maps (since resolved), the internet browser not having a jump to top of page gesture (not the end of the world), not being able to take screen shots (I still find this really strange and much needed), and... Well I can't remember what else I was complaining about so it must not have been an issue. I like this os a heck of a lot better than ios!!!!

PS I never said to stick with Iphone I actually think wp7 will be better for you once you had does issues fixed.

what you mean: ** not being able to take screen shots (I still find this really strange and much needed) **

you CAN take screen shots with WP... or are you talking about Iphone??

and NO i dont find the speaker in the back to be a bad thing.... you say why i think its not bad... i say *why do YOU think its bad? exactly...turn your phone over screen down... what wrong with that? the screen doesn?t actually touch anything (like the Iphone does ) because of the bezel edges protecting the glass by about 2mm

One thing i like about it ( maybe no one realized this ) but when i put my phone in my pocket i ALWAYS put it with my screen facing my lap. (inside ) so that way when i lean on a desk it doesn?t break my screen like ive seen other people do 10000million times,
and by putting my phone like this the speaker is pointing OUT witch allows me to hear my phone ring better. ( in clubs and such , cause the vibration just feels like the base line of the songs. LOL )

and honestly if your one of does ANNOYING kids that blast music on the subway ..then screw you. LOL ;) j/k i hate does kids. after 8hour day i dont feel like hearing 50cent rap about the B*** he f**** last weekend. lol ;)

wprealm

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I am talking about screen shots on the windows device. You can take screen shots on iPhone by holding lock button and pressing the home button. I think you can take screen shots with WP.. But you need to " jailbreak". I don't even own a computer so I don't think I can jailbreak since I would assume you would need to hook it up to a computer.

And no I do not play music out loud unless I am at home. I keep my phone on vibrate at all times and do not want anyone hearing that I have a cell phone. That's another thing, when you take out the headphones, the music plays out loud.. I don't like that. But wouldn't be a problem if the headphones worked and paused and changed songs like they are supposed to do. That way I could just pause before I unplug the headphones. I hate to keep comparing to iPhone but that is all I know since I used one for many years, and when you would unplug the headphones, the music would stop.

Also I guess you might be right about putting screen face down, there might be a a bit of a space between the glass and edge... This isn't a wp problem obviously, just samsungs problem. I just hope Nokia comes out with a killer WP device for the north American market.

How do I take a screen shot?

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation, the iPhone did have a bezel up until the iPhone 4, and there are other phones out there that don't have one, such as the Lumia 800. No bezel to be found there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria