OneDrive on mobile - fundamental problem

Kielhanson

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a paying member of Office 365 and really like it. However I've found the Android app (and maybe iOS app) has a serious issue.

If I save a file to keep offline and later remove it from my device (keep in the cloud), the file is still on my device...

If I go to my device's settings and look at the app's data, it's getting bigger and bigger. The only way to clean this up it to remove all data and uninstall the app.

This is a real problem. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't understand why it doesn't clean up the file from my device when I tell remove it and keep in the cloud.

Any thoughts?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome. You'll need to select the following in your settings as shown in my screen snip.
5bf90ba8155a7041661b472c5f80c7bd.jpg

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a paying member of Office 365 and really like it. However I've found the Android app (and maybe iOS app) has a serious issue.

If I save a file to keep offline and later remove it from my device (keep in the cloud), the file is still on my device...

If I go to my device's settings and look at the app's data, it's getting bigger and bigger. The only way to clean this up it to remove all data and uninstall the app.

This is a real problem. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't understand why it doesn't clean up the file from my device when I tell remove it and keep in the cloud.

Any thoughts?

Yeah, the android one drive app is abit clunky.

I have to ask:

1. How are you marking the files available offline / online only?
  2. Via long press then the cloud icon with the down arrow, the drop down menu via the three dots or via the Me tab in the one drive app?
  3. Is the onedrive app upto date?

An alternative solution may be the new office app (it's similiar to the Office Hub on Windows Phone 8.x). You can mark files offline or online only in that app as well as accessing your files. It effectively filters out word docs, spreadsheets and presentations. It also provides other functions such as converting to pdf (similar function to officelens).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senda.123