Ongoing issues with Denim on the ICON...

someguyatx

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody having issues with auto brightness not working. I set it to auto then its back on manual setting right away.

Edit: Rebooting put the setting back to automatic, strange

Last edited:

jrsolis#WP

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have some issues with my Icon is connected to my car via bluetooh. The Xbox Music doesn?t play well, so, I have to turn off the wifi to play songs.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Icon, so I don't know if it is because of Denim or if it has always been an issue with the Icon, but the edges of my screen are not very sensitive. It is especially noticeable when I try to split the volume controls or pull down the notification center. I also have trouble pressing buttons in games if they have them set in the corner. Is this common?

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Screen sensitivity is way down especially near the edges. Super sensitive mode has zero affect.

I'll agree with that too. Have problems with the volume drop down.

Also, Battery drain is bad. I've done a full reset (then restore), as well as a few full reset's with no restores. I installed apps manually, with no apps, it says 1 day 15 hours of battery, with just a few, it drops to less than 14-15 hours. I've cut everything off that I can....no help. With little phone time (less than 30 minutes talk time), it may go 12 hours on a charge. I use Time:Me and Simple calendar, with 6Tag, facebook. That's it.

Craig

gmantione

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Lets not forget, there are still issues on a separate thread that was recently begun by another user regarding the lack of pure black after the denim update. Since then, anything that is meant to appear completely black (one of the major selling points of the display on the Icon/930) now appears as a darkish red hue that is especially obvious when the brightness is turned up. It really bothers me. I tweeted lumiahelp to see if they have a response, cause it seems they haven't even acknowledged these issues since the denim release. It's not like only a couple of weeks have gone by either, this is more like 2 months. I kind of hope daniel or someone does a report about this as well because I feel like it needs some attention.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any of the problems above. The Icon is running Denim pretty well.

The blacks aren't true black like they were before. And I do still have the same old problem with the phone getting so hot that it doesn't run correctly anymore. But I think that's just the way the Icon is designed. It's an unfortunate side effect of a small high powered device.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wife's problems are back, no speaker after she has listened to music, and call issues with people not being able to hear her. Not sure what else to do. 8.1 GDR2 or Windows 10 can't get here soon enough, but we know how Verizon is with updates.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting experience with WiFi... I have a second home. At one home, everything works fine. At another home, the WiFi doesn't seem to automatically connect. So I manually connect to the WiFi, and even then it very typically seems to become disconnected and I have to again connect manually. This can't be good for data consumption. Because I don't have any problems at the other home, it leaves me wondering if it isn't an interoperability issue between the phone and the Asus router (AC-RT66u) that I have at that home. I didn't pay close attention but I also have an 830 with WP10 installed - I don't believe that ever lost connection but will have to pay closer attention to that next weekend.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Interesting experience with WiFi... I have a second home. At one home, everything works fine. At another home, the WiFi doesn't seem to automatically connect. So I manually connect to the WiFi, and even then it very typically seems to become disconnected and I have to again connect manually. This can't be good for data consumption. Because I don't have any problems at the other home, it leaves me wondering if it isn't an interoperability issue between the phone and the Asus router (AC-RT66u) that I have at that home. I didn't pay close attention but I also have an 830 with WP10 installed - I don't believe that ever lost connection but will have to pay closer attention to that next weekend.

Do you have problems on both bands of your router? Have you upgraded the firmware?

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I also have the WiFi issue and it is incredibly irritating. It will work for a few days and then I'll notice that WiFi isn't connected, when I try to reconnect it says that it can't connect - but it shows the correct networks for that locations - so the WiFi is technically working it just won't connect.

Has anyone found any way to remedy this?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I also have the WiFi issue and it is incredibly irritating. It will work for a few days and then I'll notice that WiFi isn't connected, when I try to reconnect it says that it can't connect - but it shows the correct networks for that locations - so the WiFi is technically working it just won't connect.

Has anyone found any way to remedy this?

I've found that if I'm having those kind of issues, a soft reset usually fixes it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been dealing with the ongoing issue of LTE data stopping working for no reason, this problem most people wont notice till they try to open a Mail tile/app and see that it cant sync. Texts come in fine. This problem happened yesterday, for 2 hours I got no new mail in on my phone, missed something that was important. It happens maybe 1 time a week, if I am unlucky. It happened again yesterday.

If I do a soft reset it's fine again but, that is not the issue. I work in a very important job (as a Senior Systems admin for a large company) so when a mail comes in it could be server down or hardware failing, and this is critical to my job. I need to find a fix for this and I am going to have to call Verizon and they will just tell me to hard reset my phone, AGAIN (this wont fix it as I have already tried it)

Has anyone else seen this issue from the time installing Denim ? Or is it just me ?

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been dealing with the ongoing issue of LTE data stopping working for no reason, this problem most people wont notice till they try to open a Mail tile/app and see that it cant sync. Texts come in fine. This problem happened yesterday, for 2 hours I got no new mail in on my phone, missed something that was important. It happens maybe 1 time a week, if I am unlucky. It happened again yesterday.

If I do a soft reset it's fine again but, that is not the issue. I work in a very important job (as a Senior Systems admin for a large company) so when a mail comes in it could be server down or hardware failing, and this is critical to my job. I need to find a fix for this and I am going to have to call Verizon and they will just tell me to hard reset my phone, AGAIN (this wont fix it as I have already tried it)

Has anyone else seen this issue from the time installing Denim ? Or is it just me ?

Hopefully you're using Outlook/ Hotmail for your email provider as I believe everything else polls, or you are covered by your company's email server.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wife is fed up with the issues she is having. Took it to Verizon and they didn't know what to do (shocking, I know). They recommend calling Nokia/Microsoft. Will try that tonight. Of course she is out of warranty by 8 days.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I have had this happen a few times and it is infuriating. And when it happens, all of the hands free features are useless because Cortana requires an internet connection to function. Bummer that.

~Ex

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
And I do still have the same old problem with the phone getting so hot that it doesn't run correctly anymore. But I think that's just the way the Icon is designed. It's an unfortunate side effect of a small high powered device.

This problem where the phone gets hot and stops working seems to be happening more and more often. It seems to stop working when the phone is cooler than it used to be. Getting a bit irritating. May have to resort to a hard-reset.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
This problem where the phone gets hot and stops working seems to be happening more and more often. It seems to stop working when the phone is cooler than it used to be. Getting a bit irritating. May have to resort to a hard-reset.

You should check to see what apps were recently updated. I generally don't have problems unless I (or my daughter) plays a game. Even though apps were updated for 8.1/Denim, I don't think they were optimized for it.

For me I have issues after using Here Drive+ or if my daughter plays certain games. I usually do a few soft resets; meaning I hold power volume down until I feel it vibrate a few times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786