Optimal Settings for formatting SD Card !!

NIRMAL RAJ THAMBI

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Could you please guide me the optimal settings for formatting my SD Card. My card is Samsung Evo 32 GB. I would like to know whether it should be in FAT 32, exFAT and its allocation size and also whether is it okay to format it inside in my Lumia 640 XL format option ? So in total what would be optimal for windows phone ?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay then use your PC to format and format to FAT32 but do NOT use quick format.
If this also fails your SD card is defect and Samsung has a good warranty so get a new one.

NIRMAL RAJ THAMBI

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Formatted through PC.. Its running fine now Harrie. Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs.. But that occasional Two Second Freezes in game is still there. As You told about the lag that happens in SD Cards now a days, by referring the write speed and all, which SD Card do you use personally and did you experience any of these freezes in your mobile, when you put games in your SD Card ? Thank You..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My current phone does not support a SD card and in a previous phone (820) I used a 32 GB Samsung class 10 UHS1 ( the one with orange text) but I do not play games.��

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss