Option for windows 10 update disappeared in lumia 630

BBT Here

May 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 630 which I reserved for insider preview but couldn't download it.
Then my Lumia got an option that - Windows 10 is here, Download and get it.
But I accidentally fell my phone and its screen got shattered... after approx. 1 month I repaired it and re checked for the update...... but it said that my phone is uptodate....
Also the preview app is not giving the build.....
Please Help me....

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 630 which I reserved for insider preview but couldn't download it.
Then my Lumia got an option that - Windows 10 is here, Download and get it.
But I accidentally fell my phone and its screen got shattered... after approx. 1 month I repaired it and re checked for the update...... but it said that my phone is uptodate....
Also the preview app is not giving the build.....
Please Help me....

They reset something during assistance. Go into Store and check for Insider app update, then log in it again and take Release .
ring.
Elsewhere, check in store for Update Advisor for getting Win10 without Insider (that's the same build now)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
They reset something during assistance. Go into Store and check for Insider app update, then log in it again and take Release .
ring.
Elsewhere, check in store for Update Advisor for getting Win10 without Insider (that's the same build now)

I think Lumia 630 will not get any Insider build now because MS has removed it from eligible list.My son has a L630 on which he tried the Insider app after the public release ( when he found that his phone is not eligible for public release) but it does not show him any ring or build even after logging in with his MS account.
Link -
Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think Lumia 630 will not get any Insider build now because MS has removed it from eligible list.My son has a L630 on which he tried the Insider app after the public release ( when he found that his phone is not eligible for public release) but it does not show him any ring or build even after logging in with his MS account.
Link -
Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows

That's an old page IMHO, i got a spare 520 and, as many 512 MB users in forum, we use normally Insider Preview Ring, the only availale till Redstone build will be released as official, maybe on summer during Anniversary

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
That's an old page IMHO, i got a spare 520 and, as many 512 MB users in forum, we use normally Insider Preview Ring, the only availale till Redstone build will be released as official, maybe on summer during Anniversary

Have you opted for Insider preview recently ? My son downloaded the Insider app two weeks ago approximately.He said it did not show any ring or build and was quite disappointed.
I will tell him to try again if 512 MB users are getting it recently .

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Have you opted for Insider preview recently ? My son downloaded the Insider app two weeks ago approximately.He said it did not show any ring or build and was quite disappointed.
I will tell him to try again if 512 MB users are getting it recently .

I'm insider since 2015 summer

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm insider since 2015 summer

Tell him he MUST first register to the program, then choose Release Preview Ring. Then , phone will reboot and afer that he can check an update.
Elsewhere, in the hack section there's the registry procedure to trick a 520 to seems something else to MS.
Someone worked, mine not, but I'm satisifed with official Threshold build

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Tell him he MUST first register to the program, then choose Release Preview Ring. Then , phone will reboot and afer that he can check an update.
Elsewhere, in the hack section there's the registry procedure to trick a 520 to seems something else to MS.

It maybe that 512 MB phones registered with Insider prior to public release of Windows 10 are able to get builds whereas those trying after public release are not getting builds. My son said it showed 'no builds' and he was redirected to a page in Internet Explorer (8.1 Denim) which showed phones eligible for Insider.
Nevertheless I will ask him to check again .
He does not want to go for registry hack.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Lumia 630 is again getting Insider builds.This week my son signed into Insider app again and got the rings.He opted for Release Preview and got 10586.107 and then updates to .318.He then chose Production ring and his phone is working okay till now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss