"Other" takes up 3GB?

Assassin 11B3P

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
someone please explain this to me: aren't all windows phones essentially the exact same when it comes to the OS? why, then, won't nokia/MS push out firmware across all of the lineup? don't they understand that on some carriers (Verizon), the 822 is the flagship? why the hate?

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this shouldn't be a Nokia fix, it's a problem across the OS on all devices, not just Nokia. Windows Phone support told me to check with Nokia, which I found annoying. Nokia didn't have an answer. Told me to check this, check that, use this app, delete apps, all of which I had already don't. The one thing I hadn't done was delete IE history and cache, which took me from about 8.35GB of other to 8.3GB of other...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To me, it seems that this is an OS problem, but Nokia is taking the initiative to put out a fix. Unfortunately for us, the 822 hasn't gotten the required firmware update yet that will allow the Storage Check app to work. We already know that Belfiore tweeted that a fix was in the works. Unfortunately, Microsoft isn't the fastest moving company (what large company like that is?).