Our New Office 365 Tenancy Keeps Automatically Logging Us Out

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello.

We have recently been given our own Office 365 tenancy and I have full admin rights. All our accounts have been setup however, any Microsoft app we log into (e.g. Outlook, Teams, To-Do e.t.c) we automatically get logged out after a few hours which is very frustrating. Before, when we had our old Office 365 accounts which was setup and maintained by a third party we stayed logged without a problem.

Does anyone know how to change this? I have full access to the admin side of our Office 365 tenancy but have no experience at all. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you're using local AD, do you have Azure AD Connect installed on a local server? Other than that, I'm unsure what would cause it. I checked our MS admin center and I don't see any timeout settings and the tokens used by the apps to check whether you need to re-authenticate shouldn't log out users who are active. They're designed to be "intelligent" based on usage; if you use apps daily, then you should be prompted to log in infrequently, if at all. If you go weeks between uses, then you'll be prompted more frequently. I suggest contacting whoever sold you the licenses and then MS. You can open an MS support request within the admin portal.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Assuming you're using local AD, do you have Azure AD Connect installed on a local server? Other than that, I'm unsure what would cause it. I checked our MS admin center and I don't see any timeout settings and the tokens used by the apps to check whether you need to re-authenticate shouldn't log out users who are active. They're designed to be "intelligent" based on usage; if you use apps daily, then you should be prompted to log in infrequently, if at all. If you go weeks between uses, then you'll be prompted more frequently. I suggest contacting whoever sold you the licenses and then MS. You can open an MS support request within the admin portal.

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, it's a strange issue. I will contact Microsoft via the Admin centre. Have you had any experience with the Microsoft support team? What was your experience like?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, it's a strange issue. I will contact Microsoft via the Admin centre. Have you had any experience with the Microsoft support team? What was your experience like?

Not directly with O365 support but in general, it's like most big companies and depends on who you speak with. Though one thing is consistent across all of MS support: it's never quick, so carve out a couple of hours...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte