Our problems coming to an end - Install to SD card coming in Windows Phone 8.1!

flogistus

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
If 8.1 will really require more than 4gb, also the developer preview won't help us. 😒

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, It's coming for HTC 8S too. Although not officialy confirmed yet by HTC. I got this info in a private message by a certian forum member who is testing the 8.1 update.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
testing the update? testing specifically on a HTC 8S? that would be great news

They're testing it on 8X and 8XT, but i didn't head anything about 8S, i guess they will just release standard ms version to use, without any special htc performance boosts or something simmiliar

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
If only there were a way of having enough space to do the update to 8.1

You will.

Do a factory reset. That will give you appro 1.3GB free memory. Only install the Preview for Dev app (less than 1Mb). Then install the 8.1 upgrade. You will have about 970mb free after the upgrade. Then set it to install all apps to SD card. Your done.

I've done all of this. It works beautifully. I have more apps installed than before, plus Cortana, and still have 944mb free. Good luck!

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah 8.1 is fantastic. Who would have thought that Asphalt 8 would run on this phone someday :). This update practially made our device so much more useful.
Is anybody else having problems with Internet Explorer in 8.1 update (crashing on heavy websites, reading mode shows white screen etc.)

mfrljak

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah 8.1 is fantastic. Who would have thought that Asphalt 8 would run on this phone someday :). This update practially made our device so much more useful.
Is anybody else having problems with Internet Explorer in 8.1 update (crashing on heavy websites, reading mode shows white screen etc.)

I got the same problem with IE, and when tap the advanced settings it keeps crashing every time.. Also have noticed that after turning off battery saver, notifications (whatsapp, etc..) for messages received while saver was on don't show like in WP8, until opening apps manualy. But in general, WP8.1 is brilliant :D

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
You can fix those notifications. Just go into battery saver, find whatsapp, tap on it and put a checkmark on "allow this application to work in backround when batery saver is on" or something like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963