Outlook for Android

Bfalcon1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping I can solve this issue. I really like the Outlook for Android app. The one issue I have is after adding two Gmail accounts and my Outlook.com email I have issues with the contacts. I sync all 3 but some contacts do not populate when starting an email. Or if I do a search for a contact it does not appear or only the email address does. If I use the Gmail app to send an email the contacts name appears in the to field as soon as I start typing. For the Outlook app to be useful the contact situation needs to improve. Any suggestions for I really like the app. Thank you!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes...multiple times. That is why I don't know what to do. Maybe let it sync overnight?

From my brief experience, syncing Gmail in the Outlook mail app never works 100%. For example, the calendars don't sync between accounts (at least for me). I ended up just having to bite the bullet and keep my Outlook email account in the Outlook app and my Gmail accounts in the Gmail app.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I found Outlook worked really well on Android for a long time until various updates to the app ruined it. Inexplicably, the app began eating the battery on my Samsung Note. I contacted the Outlook Help team who tried their very best to help me but nothing they suggested worked. Eventually I disconnected my Gmail accounts and have kept Gmail and Outlook separate ever since and the battery life returned to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05