Outlook mail always downloading images

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I've noticed a bug for months in outlook mail, and nobody seems to be annoyed about it. It first started on Insider Fast months ago, but then it has been pushed to production as well.

The bug is : even if I've unticked "download whole message" in each account options, even if in the app settings, I've unticked "download external styles and images", well, the app bypasses my choice and it downloads images.

The issue here is that for suspicious mails (or simple newsletters), it may represent a compromission of my email address. If I've set "don't download without my prior authorisation", I mean it.

I've reported this in the Feedback Hub, then to Jason@MSFT, but no return.

Now on Insider Fast, I've seen that the latest versions of Outlook seem to improve, as images appear not to be downloaded. But only for a time, then, it starts downloading them again. If I return to settings, toggle the reading option about styles to on then back to off, it will block images for a while again, but ultimately, it will download images a couple of opened mails later.

Have you seen this behaviour? I have it on both my 950 (production, worse case: images are systematically downloaded) and my 535 (RS1 Insider Fast).

If so, and if you find this unacceptable, would you please upvote my feedback here (in French, as the new Hub forces me to use the system language): windows-feedback:?contextid=259&feedbackid=06adaef9-b69d-4254-8524-9bc55f7212da&form=2&src=1

thank you

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Haven't noticed it since I WANT my phone to download images automatically. I'll upvote your feedback though.
Ah well, RIP that idea, it says I don't have access to your feedback.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Haven't noticed it since I WANT my phone to download images automatically. I'll upvote your feedback though.
Ah well, RIP that idea, it says I don't have access to your feedback.

I have also tried a EN feedback, tell me if it works, I'll update the first post if it's the case.

feedback-hub:?contextid=259&feedbackid=e9f7975a-fe49-401f-8810-d6706738ccf5&form=2&src=1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)