Outlook Mail using a lot of battery

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
When I am adding 2 of my Gmail based email account to Outlook mail app of my Lumia 650. The battery does not last more than 10 hours. Is there any other app that I can use to configure my other email addresses to Lumia 650? My OS build is 10.0.14393.67

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
When I am adding 2 of my Gmail based email account to Outlook mail app of my Lumia 650. The battery does not last more than 10 hours. Is there any other app that I can use to configure my other email addresses to Lumia 650? My OS build is 10.0.14393.67

I have to ask, how often do you have your accounts set to sync? That kind of thing does and will affect battery life. I have two accounts that sync daily and hourly. Not having battery issues at all with Outlook.

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have to ask, how often do you have your accounts set to sync? That kind of thing does and will affect battery life. I have two accounts that sync daily and hourly. Not having battery issues at all with Outlook.

the accounts are set to sync "based on usage". Can you tell me if you have Gmail account added to your phone and also please tell if you use 4G data, because my data is continuously switched ON to use 4G network.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
the accounts are set to sync "based on usage". Can you tell me if you have Gmail account added to your phone and also please tell if you use 4G data, because my data is continuously switched ON to use 4G network.

I have tried based on usage, and it can be good or bad, depending on how often you check your email. I don't have a Gmail account though, sorry. I use LTE (I'm in the US) connection always.

Zeeshan Mazhari

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
Originally Posted by Zeeshan Mazhari
my data is continuously switched ON to use 4G network.

Do you mean you forced 4G only? Have you tried other data speed settings?

Yes my highest internet speed is set to 4G. But I just removed the other 2 Gmail accounts from my Outlook and it seems that the phone is working fine. The battery is still solid at 76% after 10hours. I dont know how to add those 2 gmail account without sacrificing battery.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site

Do NOT set them to "based on usage" :shocked: and not even "as they arrive". Change to something like "Every 15 minutes" (or more) that should greatly help with battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12