Outlook on Android?

Quicky

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Outlook on Android

Following the delightful Here apps announcement yesterday, I got hold of a loaner Android phone with the intention of making the switch from WinMoPho. It's an LG G2 running Android 5.0.2. I'm coming from a Lumia 930 running Windows 10 Mobile.

I'm a big fan of Microsoft services, and although I have a Google account, I'm not interested in migrating them all to Google equivalents (like most Windows Phone users my ideal world would be one in which Windows 10 Mobile had greater support from developers and I could remain on the platform).

I've read plenty of times on this site and others about Microsoft's excellent app support on Android/iOS, but I'm having a nightmare trying to set up this G2 to use Microsoft stuff as the primary service. Is it possible to set the default mail, contacts and calendars to Outlook, and have ensure that new/updated contacts sync from the phone to Outlook? Does anyone have any advice for new Android users coming from Windows Phone - I've read plenty of comments over the last few months from users who say they've abandoned the platform, so I'd appreciate any tips from those that still use Microsoft services (and are still hanging around the forums!).

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outlook on Android

Use an old LG G2 for work. Have Outlook app and OneDrive installed both of which work very well. I use the Outlook app instead of the phones native mail app. Have contacts set to my MS account.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't use the Outlook app 's contact sync, didn't seem to work right for me. I used it for email and calendar while I ran an Exchange account to sync my contacts to the default contacts app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping.

I've only seen two things lacking. You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice and you cannot import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

I don't use the Outlook app 's contact sync, didn't seem to work right for me. I used it for email and calendar while I ran an Exchange account to sync my contacts to the default contacts app.

Right. Forgot to say used Exchange account as well for contacts. Same here re: Outlook for email and calendar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124