tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure?

Not at all. But with my experience, I would say that this is very likely to be why you cannot add your gmail account to Outlook.

Basically, Google approves the browser and their own Gmail app for accessing gmail. To use gmail in any other app requires the "allow less secure apps" setting to be turned on.

chanchan05

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
Not at all. But with my experience, I would say that this is very likely to be why you cannot add your gmail account to Outlook.

Basically, Google approves the browser and their own Gmail app for accessing gmail. To use gmail in any other app requires the "allow less secure apps" setting to be turned on.

Actually no. I have that turned off and I'm able to add my Gmail account to Outlook. I don't even have the option to turn to allow less secure apps because my Gmail as 2-step verification.
What I can see though is that it seems the page is still loading (there's the orange progress bar on top). The Allow button won't be "pressable" until the page finishes loading.

Peterh56

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I had this on my S9+ I think I went into Gmail and deleted access from Microsoft and it worked. I was also using Edge, try opening in the default browser?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786