Painfully slow Wifi browsing.

sttm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a 521 a couple months back. When I browse over T-Mobile's network it takes 1-2s to load a page. When I browse over my wifi it takes 1-2s or it can 10-15s or it can take 50s and then not load.
My previous phone worked fine over wifi, my blu ray player works fine over wifi. When I do Speed Test:
4688632.png

So I am confused, the signal is good, speed test comes back well, yet IE is painfully slow to load even simple sites like yahoo mobile.

Anyone else out there have a similar issue with IE and WP8?

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Remove the wifi from your device (forget this access point)
Soft reset
Pair again

You may also want to try browsing thru a different access point.

Report back

P.S. - Whenever I hear the word pain, all I can imagine is giving you a balm, since we stay far away from each other, this should help.
Oh, and don't go by my avatar, am always around helping people :)

tiger_balm_red.jpg

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried a Nokia 520 in a shop and it suffered from the same problem, compared to similar price Android handsets a few centimetres away. I put it down to IE being dreadfully slow (in real life, not benchmarks). If it's actually a known wifi problem with the 52x platform, that would be interesting information.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
^I hope you are okay because you suddenly disappeared when facts about apple started to emerge on the other thread. I wish you good health and will send you some flowers, if I can.

Nokia Lumia 520 vs iPhone 4 iOS 7 Beta 4 Browser Speed Performance Comparison Review - YouTube

I've been travelling to the five corners of the earth and have many tales of far away places and strange cultures. But unfortunately none of them are related to phones so I can't tell them here.
If I recall correctly, I gave up on the previous thread as it seemed to be more about wishful thinking than actual facts, and also I was in danger of appearing to be an Apple ******. Anyway, time will tell whether Apple shares become valuable only as toilet paper. Perhaps I will end up using my iPad as a makeshift weapon in the fight to buy Windows 9. We will see. But I'm flattered you remember me!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been travelling to the five corners of the earth and have many tales of far away places and strange cultures. But unfortunately none of them are related to phones so I can't tell them here.
If I recall correctly, I gave up on the previous thread as it seemed to be more about wishful thinking than actual facts, and also I was in danger of appearing to be an Apple ******. Anyway, time will tell whether Apple shares become valuable only as toilet paper. Perhaps I will end up using my iPad as a makeshift weapon in the fight to buy Windows 9. We will see. But I'm flattered you remember me!

Your username is kind of, lived up to your posts. No pun ;)

sttm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried it on a friends wifi and it was slower then 4g, but it was acceptable. So it has some big issue with my wifi, some small issue with other wifi, but it seems to be just browsing, as app downloads/speedtest seem fine.
For instance the bing news app loads faster then IE loads Bing. Which seems really messed up.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried it on a friends wifi and it was slower then 4g, but it was acceptable. So it has some big issue with my wifi, some small issue with other wifi, but it seems to be just browsing, as app downloads/speedtest seem fine.
For instance the bing news app loads faster then IE loads Bing. Which seems really messed up.

Try a soft reset, clear the cache, try to load different websites?
Some websites hog the connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo