Peggle 2 inbound on monday

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Since I don't have the console, what I'm sorta more interested in as this is one the first Aracade-like titles, what will this game cost? I guess we find out soon!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's the pricing on XBLA games typically, personally I feel 20€ to be a bit on the high side.. 10-15€ could maybe be doable.. Then again, 20usd is 14€

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna be 11,99 (USD i suppose), found this from a video from a dev that was showing the game.

Seems like a fair price, although I expect that to be also 11,99€ occasionally :D Although that's doable too..

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish they had kept the XBLA type games separate on the One like they were on the 360. I also wish they had found a way to make the XBLA games on the 360 compatible on the One (along with cross-platform play, 360 to One). I prefer those types of games and there are so many good ones on 360!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Coip - just because they are digital on the 360 doesn't mean they'll work anywhere. They are built on entirely different architecture on the 360 than what the One is...

It'd be nice, but the One will soon have just as much of a robust library as the 360. Remember the 360 has had 8 years to build that vast plethora of games. The One just needs time.

We'll see how the integrated store works once there are some smaller games and indie games made available...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It'd be nice, but the One will soon have just as much of a robust library as the 360. Remember the 360 has had 8 years to build that vast plethora of games. The One just needs time.

Sentence 2 is why Sentence 1 is false. The One's library won't come close to being as "robust" as the 360s for probably 8 years. I think what we're going to see this generation is fewer IPs and a lot more iterative releases, so it might be that 8 years of the One doesn't bring the level of depth and quality on the 360. You might have better games, but not as many. I'm just going to cover my ears and keep screaming "if Sony can offer streaming with GaiKai, Microsoft's Azure servers could be used for something similar!" There's really no excuse beyond "we don't want to."

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is stopping from making an emulator that has been done for like.. decades on PC now? Especially when the consoles run familiar architecture too? Yes, the 360/whatever games arnt coded for this kind of hardware, thus emulate that kind of hardware in a sandbox, why reinvent the wheel?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
As I said, it's a matter is "we don't want to." The original Xbox was an x86 machine. The Xbox 360 was PowerPC. The Xbox One is x86. The Xbox 360 had the emulation functionality in it to play over 300 of the games on the original Xbox, and still does. They can build it. They have the technology. they just choose not to do it, either because it's not a profitable endeavor (doing extra work on the new OS for the games they already sold can mean fewer game sales).

If they'd consider a GaiKai-like solution, they could AT LEAST offer those games digitally for a price. They could either charge per-game, or they could make it an all-you-can-eat subscription thing like GameFly/Netflix.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I highly recommend this game to anyone with an Xbox One. Yes, it looks cute, but it's a huge amount of fun and really addictive.

Just awesome, and really polished bit of gaming history, well worth the pitifully small amount you have to pay.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend this game to anyone with an Xbox One. Yes, it looks cute, but it's a huge amount of fun and really addictive.

Just awesome, and really polished bit of gaming history, well worth the pitifully small amount you have to pay.

Is there much skill to it? It kind of looks like you just fire off a ball and watch what happens. What makes it so fun? I wish there was a demo. I'd like to try it out.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there much skill to it? It kind of looks like you just fire off a ball and watch what happens. What makes it so fun? I wish there was a demo. I'd like to try it out.

It's one of those games that are easy to pick up, but difficult to master. It's a bit hard to go to detail about that, but very experienced players don't just "shoot a ball and see what happens" anymore :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99