People Hub/Contacts - Not syncing on one device!??

Jrisfelt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Problems syncing Contacts to one PC - how to fix!?

I have the following setup:
- My contacts in the Microsoft Account on the web (People.Live.Com) with Outlook Contacts, Windows Messages, Skype and LinkedIn-integration, works perfectly
- A Lumia 925 with Windows Phone 8.1 and full sync to my account which works fine (including LinkedIn)
- A MS 950XL With Windows Phone 10 and full sync to my account which works fine (without the LinkedIn-integration)
- a PC with Win 10 Prof. which also works fine with all contacts showing up in the "Contact" app on my PC (except the LinkedIn integration)
but then also a laptop with Win 10 home, setup in exactly the same way with the Outlook account, Skype etc. but where the contact sync worked initially BUT HAS NOW STOPPED WORKING!

If I add a new Outlook contact on any of my other devices it syncs with all but the laptop and the same is true for changes of contact data. Somehow the sync function of contacts to the laptop has stopped working!!

I have forced sync but no new contacts show up. The settings in the Contact App on my laptop is the same as on my other PC (same server, same setting on what to collect and how to sync my outlook account, ticking the same boxes on how to filter the contacts etc). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype, Messages + Skype-app etc. but cannot make it work. I cannot detect any other differences between the devices and all other things work great.

How can I solve this problem!
Jon

Jrisfelt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Bobvfr!
Hadn?t tested that but it works fine FROM the laptop with a new contact to my MS Account, tested a new contact, forced sync and it turned up at people.live.com directly! Makes it even more strange! What is wrong with getting changes and new contacts created on my other devices? Jon

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem...

Contacts on my lumia 640 (windows 10) and people.live.com would sync perfectly.

However, on my sp4 it would not reflect the changes...

Honestly, I did not do anything to fix it but it just started syncing after a while... I think it's something on the back end ... Really not sure...

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire