People Hub & Facebook

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Starting to see more of my FB friend's updates disappearing from the People Hub because they block all third party apps within Facebook. It's a real shame, as it cuts the effectiveness of the People Hub as a feature of the phone.

It's somewhat dissapointing that MS/FB haven't resolved this between themselves yet. I would have thought it would be a fairly quick thing to sort out. If there is a reason that FB aren't happy to give the People Hub "official" status, then tell MS why and what they need to do to fix it.

I wouldn't mind half as much if the actual FB app was a pleasure to use, but it's slow, clunky and looks old compared to other platforms.

I'm not a serial complainer. I love WP7. So it's things like this (which start out small when it only affects one or two of your contacts), that become a big thing when a lot of your FB friends start dropping out of the People Hub.

Here's hoping there's a resolution soon.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Starting to see more of my FB friend's updates disappearing from the People Hub because they block all third party apps within Facebook. It's a real shame, as it cuts the effectiveness of the People Hub as a feature of the phone.

It's somewhat dissapointing that MS/FB haven't resolved this between themselves yet. I would have thought it would be a fairly quick thing to sort out. If there is a reason that FB aren't happy to give the People Hub "official" status, then tell MS why and what they need to do to fix it.

I wouldn't mind half as much if the actual FB app was a pleasure to use, but it's slow, clunky and looks old compared to other platforms.

I'm not a serial complainer. I love WP7. So it's things like this (which start out small when it only affects one or two of your contacts), that become a big thing when a lot of your FB friends start dropping out of the People Hub.

Agree pretty much with everything you wrote. FB and Twitter are one of my main complaints of WP7, and since I used them both a lot, they weigh in heavily on my opinion of the platform. In time I know it WILL get better, but the wait can be frustrating. I'm sure MS is fully aware of this. I'm guessing with the Nokia onslaught the market share will grow considerably and the FB/Twitter app support should be less of an issue.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

I hear you. I just don't understand what the hangup with FB and MS is. It's not like MS is trying to take over FB. Letting MS have access to the hooks for People Hub would help everyone. Sad as it is, I have to admit I re-installed the FB app on my BB and use THAT over the choices avail for WP.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if its ever going to be a 1st person app it better be integrated in one day

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon