Permanently Disabling Windows Defender

SarahLauritzen

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

I knew this was the best place to come for advice.

I would like to permanently disable windows defender. I used to be able to do this but since I had to reset my PC, the method I used before no longer seems to work.

I have tried the regedit version, but every time I reset the computer, as per the instructions, to see if it has worked, the new registry I had made disappears, it doesn't seem to 'stick' anymore.

I have also tried the gpedit.msc version by downloading a batch file online and when I follow its instructions to try to locate a specific folder called Windows Defender, it is not in the list of folders at all.

I have also tried following the instructions for command prompt and run methods and despite me being the administrator and the only one using the laptop, I keep getting told that the instructions don't work.

Nothing I have tried has worked. I am at my wits end. Can anyone please give me any advice on this? I would be ever so grateful.

Thank you.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I knew this was the best place to come for advice.

I would like to permanently disable windows defender. I used to be able to do this but since I had to reset my PC, the method I used before no longer seems to work.

I have tried the regedit version, but every time I reset the computer, as per the instructions, to see if it has worked, the new registry I had made disappears, it doesn't seem to 'stick' anymore.

I have also tried the gpedit.msc version by downloading a batch file online and when I follow its instructions to try to locate a specific folder called Windows Defender, it is not in the list of folders at all.

I have also tried following the instructions for command prompt and run methods and despite me being the administrator and the only one using the laptop, I keep getting told that the instructions don't work.

Nothing I have tried has worked. I am at my wits end. Can anyone please give me any advice on this? I would be ever so grateful.

Thank you.

If you are editing the registry, make sure you are doing so with Administrator privileges or it won't work. Otherwise you can simply turn off Defender fully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel