Pictures Not Uploading to OneDrive

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I set my one drive to be on automatic upload when on wifi. I been on wifi for like 12 hours now yet no one picture has uploaded. Why?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How fast is your WiFi network? I've already experiencing OneDrive uploads fail on some really slow public WiFi networks. It's always worked fine for me on my home WiFi network.

This is my speedtest on my home WiFi.
18358246.png

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
How fast is your WiFi network? I've already experiencing OneDrive uploads fail on some really slow public WiFi networks. It's always worked fine for me on my home WiFi network.

This is my speedtest on my home WiFi.
View attachment 81794

It's on my home network, thing is I can't even tell if the uploads are failing or what. There is like no way to tell. I looked at "upload status" and it always tell me nothing is being uploaded.

Your speed is alot better than mine but I would think it would just take longer to upload then.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's on my home network, thing is I can't even tell if the uploads are failing or what. There is like no way to tell. I looked at "upload status" and it always tell me nothing is being uploaded.

Your speed is alot better than mine but I would think it would just take longer to upload then.

Has it ever worked for you?

If it was working previously, what changed since then? In other words, are you running a different OS now? Do you have Cyan?

Are you uploading the photos at best quality?

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Has it ever worked for you?

If it was working previously, what changed since then? In other words, are you running a different OS now? Do you have Cyan?

Are you uploading the photos at best quality?

I just got my phone literally last week. Today's pictures I took have uploaded but not yesterday pictures.

miarkus

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Let OneDrive run in background. Also check the upload queue while keeping your screen on to see if photos are uploading. FYI rebooting the phone empties the upload queue at least on my 1020.

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Let OneDrive run in background. Also check the upload queue while keeping your screen on to see if photos are uploading. FYI rebooting the phone empties the upload queue at least on my 1020.

Ok, next time I take pictures I will have that going in the background. I have yet to see the queue actually show anything though.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Edit: It only uploads pictures taken after Onedrive sync is activated. I can live with that. OneDrive doesn't have to be running in the background.

Same issue here.
It's been 12 hours since I activated it. Nothing in the queue, and nothing uploaded. Running OneDrive in the background actually made it upload the photo, but that doesn't help me in the long run.

Using a 1020 with WP 8.1 and Cyan. No Developer Preview or betas installed.

My network speed.

wp_ss_20140923_0001[1].png

Last edited:

chobo2

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Edit: It only uploads pictures taken after Onedrive sync is activated. I can live with that. OneDrive doesn't have to be running in the background.

Same issue here.
It's been 12 hours since I activated it. Nothing in the queue, and nothing uploaded. Running OneDrive in the background actually made it upload the photo, but that doesn't help me in the long run.

Using a 1020 with WP 8.1 and Cyan. No Developer Preview or betas installed.

My network speed.

View attachment 81940

Whats OneDrive sync?

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Whats OneDrive sync?
I meant automatically uploading photos to OneDrive.

That OneDrive offer made me try it.

Just google The OneDrive Blog if you don't konw what I mean. You'll get 15 GB extra storage permanently if you do it before September ends.

anastasismain

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
auto uploading on Onedrive doesnt work for my 1020 neither..wp8.1
I also got my first wp this month/ I was expecting a simple auto photo transfer to my computer. Was told to auto upload to Onedrive. It fails to do it automatically.

Teddy Wetherby

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Same problem with my sony z3 camera upload is ON it will upload a pic then it won't upload any more then after like 15 pics have been skipped it will up load another although it did upload everything that was on my phone previously

biltaji

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
A couple of days back I turned off background for photos and onedrive. Stupid move. Same thing happened. All the photos I took since then did not upload to onedrive nor to my photos app in my surface 3..
Just turned them back on and now it's uploading. The photos I took will not upload which means I have to upload them manually!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa