Pictures on SD Card has limited functions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

WP10, Bld. 10586, Lumia 950

Just added a (128 Gb) SD Card. Thought I would give myself a ton of storage. So made the card the location to store camera pictures. Immediately noticed
1. Can not make pics on card a Favorite
2. Camera Roll does not sync to OneDrive from the card.

Expected, or user error?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm saving pictures to the SD card and my pics won't auto upload to OneDrive either. Have to go into OneDrive app to force the upload. I haven't tried saving to the phone to see if that fixes it.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm saving my pictures to the SD card and they are sync'ing to OneDrive automatically. As a test, I just saved one as a favorite from the SD card, and it shows up in my favorites.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
how are saving the pictures as favourites, I can only get the option of displaying the photo tile with a single photo or recent photos. I do have a SD card in mine aswell
When I open a picture on my phone, there are four icons at the bottom of the screen; share, favorite, edit, and delete. When I choose favorite, the icon lights up, and then I find the photo in my favorites album.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you just take a picture and do nothing else, does the picture automatically upload to your onedrive camera roll? Mine do not unless I go into onedrive on the phone and force the upload.

chchaheh

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine will automatically upload to onedrive. I however installed the 64G card before I did the initial 950 setup of the phone. It asked me if I wanted to remove existing applications (it was in another windows phone) and I did. I assume it formatted the card but can't be positive. (I also installed the SIM before the setup of the unlocked phone which luckily seems to have help me avoid some of the issues others have been having with carriers and LTE)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99