Play store hacked onto WM10

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

The Google Play Store is hacked onto Windows 10 Mobile build 10512 and 10166 let's see where this goes, are you excited to have Play Store on Windows Mobile *i rather have Youtube* haha

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WOW, this is not locked yet ? Mods must be sleeping today..

My fries could use your salt.

Well, I cant speak for all mods but I've seen this sort flourish over at Crackberry so...
(on another hand Dan, IIRC, established WC would "take a hard line" on Astoria shenanigans because potential legal, etc. I don't remember specifics myself.)

On-topic: People have thrown the Play Services onto BB10 to fool some apps into working, but it wasn't actually functional.
I haven't gone indepth the XDA thread, but if the WMPU article is accurate to the letter, we might have something very interesting on our hands.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't really want the Play store but having a WP version of Hangouts would sure be handy, I wish Google treated WP like they treat iOS

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't see google allowing play store on anything than what they want it on. However, Amazon has plenty of apk's, none of which require the play store. Personally, I think that should suffice for side loaders.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't see google allowing play store on anything than what they want it on. However, Amazon has plenty of apk's, none of which require the play store. Personally, I think that should suffice for side loaders.
I'm a complete noob when it comes to side loading. How do I get those Amazon apk's? I was able to download and install some random Android apk's from Internet but is there a separate web download site for Amazon vetted apk's?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

They are not and will not allow this to happen for long, but what I think it does, is.......show the dev's of the android apps how easy it is to get their work onto more phones, tablets and computers with relatively little work. I think that is the reason this has been "leaked" if you get my drift.

andy-hcn

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't really want the Play store but having a WP version of Hangouts would sure be handy, I wish Google treated WP like they treat iOS

well as i remeber ! when ios was not large as now google used to treat ios as it treat WP right now ! it's not something new ! it's jst question of time till google port its apps to the platform !

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well as i remeber ! when ios was not large as now google used to treat ios as it treat WP right now ! it's not something new ! it's jst question of time till google port its apps to the platform !

not really, Google was fine with Apple making an official YouTube app on iPhone from the get go.

And Hangouts 4.0 was on iOS some time before Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb