Poll Watch: Yellow Stain on Screen

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I see posts about this issue on Lumia 640 and I am very alarmed if my phone will eventually have this. So, I am making my first post/poll on this forums which might be beneficial to us.

Please indicate the following:
  • RM#
  • Country located
  • Daily Habit (Overnight charging, heavy gamer, heavy waze user, heavy internet user)

Update: 09-18-2015
I contacted Lumia Philippines FB page for inquiries and they advised me ahead to have it looked on Nokia Care. But my inquiry was simply "If they made precautionary measures to avoid the yellow stain / yellow spot issue on Lumia 640 XL". I even referred Windows Central Forums but they replied as "We can only verify information from MS official web sites". I dunno yet if how well-informed is this rep but he said that "We have not received any reported issues regarding Lumia 640 XL screen". Hopefully, he has the tools to check all reports on Nokia Care branches (at least in the Philippines) or luckily, the units distributed in the Philippines were well made.

Being paranoid of these reports, I tried to observe my phone. When I play Age of Empires and felt the phone overheating, the part where the yellow spots show up (upper right) was the hottest area.

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
hopefully this will shed some light into this. I have two RM-1096 and have not seen the yellow spot yet (overnight charging). No votes from me...and that hopefully stays that way ;)

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
RM-1064
Canada
Not a heavy user, just basic stuff Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, light gaming.

I got it fixed by walking into the Microsoft Store and getting the phone replaced. fortunately, I keep everything on a MicroSD card so I didn't have to back anything up

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, one of the most common ways phones are damaged is by people dropping them down the lavatory. That would explain the yellow stain... :)~

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, one of the most common ways phones are damaged is by people dropping them down the lavatory. That would explain the yellow stain... :)~
That's a joke right? :D

RM-1064
Canada
Not a heavy user, just basic stuff Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, light gaming.

I got it fixed by walking into the Microsoft Store and getting the phone replaced. fortunately, I keep everything on a MicroSD card so I didn't have to back anything up

Did your phone overheat? When does overheating usually happen? How many weeks/months old was your phone? Were you always on LTE?

Last edited:

anon(9140902)

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Did your phone overheat? When does overheating usually happen? How many weeks/months old was your phone? Were you always on LTE?

It got warm, it was never hot or overheating. I was never on LTE due to my carrier not having it (Wind Mobile in Canada only has 3G, I left them a few days ago) I was on WiFI most of the time though.

yasfer21

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, are there any reports from the Philippines? I also use the Lumia 640 XL and a lot of my friends does. No issues whatsoever.

Windows Central is one of the best, if not the best resource for Microsoft information, but it is not an official Microsoft website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sobev25996