Portico on 820 in UK

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I have. Got it a few weeks ago now. If it helps, I'm SIM only on O2 Simplicity Unlimited and bought the phone outright from O2, though it's still O2 branded. I wasn't notified about the update, I had to check for it. That said, I checked for the update about an hour or so after it became available by chance, so maybe it was too early to be notified. I've heard lots of other O2 820 owners say they haven't received the update. Don't know why I got mine. I thought I'd be last in line not being on a phone contract. The only other thing that I can add was that my data connection was via WiFi at the time. The update still took half an hour. Do they only tell you about the update only if you're using WiFi, because the download would take an age and bust you're data otherwise. I don't know. If it's any consolation, as far as I can see, you're missing diddly squat!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Im on O2 with an 820 and have not received the portico update yet... I have a 3UK sim card inside though if that makes any difference

acousticpoem

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone is unbranded bought it sim free with o2 simplicity with unlimited internet. Will just keep checking but it is annoying it is taking so long. o2 took ages with L710 updates as well.

robert peake

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
looking forward to this update, i bought my sim free but am on 02, so i assuming 02 just push this out via the network as 02 dont know i have a lumai 820 .

Just did a check for software updates and nothing..... why can't i get it, do you think i will have to call 02 to advise them i have the lumia 820?

thanks

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Updates are on a roll out basis with all Windows Phone for rest of its life. Nokia has already mentioned, all the phones will get it eventually in a roll out by end of March. So those you don't have it, your phone simply hasn't been hit by the roll out yet. If you are so eager, grab one manually from Navifirm, plenty of tutorials out there.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Updates are on a roll out basis with all Windows Phone for rest of its life. Nokia has already mentioned, all the phones will get it eventually in a roll out by end of March. So those you don't have it, your phone simply hasn't been hit by the roll out yet. If you are so eager, grab one manually from Navifirm, plenty of tutorials out there.

Doesn't that void any type of warranty we have?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't that void any type of warranty we have?
I am not sure. I did that on mine and Nokia Care thinks I'm still under the warranty. You *might* void warranty but I don't see how. It still connects to Nokia warranty program. Unless there is a way we can ourselves check if we are under warranty, I will go by what Nokia Care told me and assume I am still under warranty.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
from what has been described it's actually Nokia we are waiting on for the update rather than the carriers; in which case you'd have thought they'd been quicker than this :(

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have an 820 given to me directly by a Nokia Sales Rep, unbranded, No update, checking daily.

Hoping for battery improvements, my 800 had much better battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss