Porting Mupen64plus to Windows phone 8

EdSherriff

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
A simple port of this emulator over to WP8 seems a little unrealistic for the same reasons as EmiPSX is not a direct port of an existing PSX emulator. The CPU core in the mupen64plus distribution is dynarec based which is not going to work on Windows Phone (self modifying code isn't allowed). It may be possible to reconfigure the build to disable the dynarec and use just the interpretter by itself but that would be way too slow on a phone. Unless the dev has thorough knowledge of the target architecture (MIPS R4300) I doubt this is going to make much headway, given the amount of work to make a fast enough CPU emulation which conforms to the store requirements and available API (rewriting it into a threaded interpretter MAY be fast enough). But hopefully I'll be proved wrong!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
According to Andre (the dev of EmiPSX) mobwi is still working on it. Here's hoping it sees the light of day sometime soon.

:D, that's great news! Even though he could have just left a message on this thread... Anyway I don't care how much time he needs because he is still freaking awesome for bringing dat n64 goodness to our windows phones :) thank you mobwi! I can't f-ing wait for the beta!!!

Botan-Nabe

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I love to try out your n64 emulator but Windows phone Developer Test doesn't accept my email address since it's not supposed to exist. (Don't want to soft-reset my phone)
I have been waiting for someone to plot n64 emulator to Windows Phone.
I'll buy new Windows Phone 8 and make a video review when you release this emulator to the public.
Yes! Goldeneye 007/X , Vigilante 8, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64 and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on my Nokia Lumia phone.

The time has finally come to enjoy our n64 classics on Windows Phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes