Possible android transfer to windows.... Help!

maryjane2300

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So I got the galaxy s4 on launch day with att and I've been waiting on a Windows phone to impress me enough to make the jump! Is this the latest and greatest? Someone sell me on this phone! What colors does this come in and when will att have it? Thanks guys

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
A lot of this you can find with a simple google or bing search. Comes in black and white, only on Verizon. The 928 is essentially a Lumia 920 variant, which is available on AT&T. Main differences from the 920 are xenon flash, slightly thinner & lighter, different design and OLED screen. Everything is just about the same. Camera and audio recording are maybe slightly improved.

Lumia 928 info and specs

Edit: and yes, this is a flagship phone.

GolferChris68

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So I got the galaxy s4 on launch day with att and I've been waiting on a Windows phone to impress me enough to make the jump! Is this the latest and greatest? Someone sell me on this phone! What colors does this come in and when will att have it? Thanks guys

The 928 is only available on Verizon. Are you staying with AT&T, or switching carriers? If you aren't switching, the 920 is still a flagship device. The 928 is pretty much the same device as the 920, with only some minor differences like the xenon flash, AMOLED screen, slight body shape differences, and some software/audio/camera tweaks. They're both running the same version of the OS, and are configured with the same processor/memory.

maryjane2300

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have to stay with att at the moment. I've heard windows phones don't have great app selection, is that true? Also is the os as open as android such as customizing or is it more like apples iOS?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Also is the os as open as android such as customizing or is it more like apples iOS?

WP is about speed, fluidity, ease of use, UI consistency, stability and reliability and good OS software support (particularly Nokia devices).

That is obviously closer to iOS than the mess that is Android.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Customization?

Wasn't on my list, so no, not a major focus of WP.

What you can customize really well are the live tiles, but little more. I see that as a benefit, because it emphasizes consistency and also helps with software stability, but depending on your needs you may disagree.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
There is an android app that will tell you the apps on your android device that are available on Windows Phones. The majority of the so called top 100 apps that are on iOS and Android are on Windows Phone. That is something that you would have to look up to see what apps are important to you and see if the app exists or if there is a comparable 3rd party app. Windows Phone is not an open OS such as Android and is not about customization.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.switchtowp8

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Look OP.

Dont even waste another thought on this phone. You are stuck on AT&T ( unless this is the end of your contract ). The apps questions has been answered more times than can count. No it doesn't have the A BAZILLION apps. It has functional useful every day apps. If you looking for Candy Crush saga stick with Android.

As far as customization NO not to the extent as Android. You have tiles you make them bigger or smaller or move them from the top to the bottom.

Keep your S4 and wait until there is a 928 for At&t.

carajean

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Please dont take my comments harshly.
Im not a fan girl of any of the teams.

That said I will be switching from my Motorola Droid Razer Maxx to this phone Thursday afternoon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf