Possible?: Download mail attachments automatically

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlimited account so data isn't a concern to me (I don't come near any caps either in my usage...as of now at least). I haven't found it so I'm guessing it's not possible for some reason but...

Can you set it to auto download attachments in the mail accounts when the mail original arrives? Or to be able to select a default max size to auto download? I just find it to be too many steps to get the mail and have to manually click on every attachment individually to download each one before I can view them. I'd rather have the email download in full the second it comes in. So I can open it and start viewing away.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I also couldn't found it either. What I'm also bothered about is that the images in the mail aren't downloading automatically. Most of the emails are based on pictures so it is very annoying. Is there maybe a setting for that?

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I also couldn't found it either. What I'm also bothered about is that the images in the mail aren't downloading automatically. Most of the emails are based on pictures so it is very annoying. Is there maybe a setting for that?

I haven't found an option for that either. The images however I can understand and live with. Images are halted so that you aren't forced to download/view them in order to read an email. This is because viruses (given to my knowledge there are none yet for WP thankfully) can be embedded in jpegs and possibly other formats. This allows you to view the email first and making sure it's safe to dl them.

As any other application though, they should offer it to the user to be their choice. Disabled by default sure but an option to enable auto view of images and in the case of my question...attachments.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it is set so it would not automatically download attachments because of the data usage. Some attachments can be very large. But why Microsoft doesn't make work out of an option to download it automatically... Or make at last an option so it would download attachments automatically only on WiFi, like the podcasts. But no they aren't on it atm. They have to make more room to select your one options in wp anyways. There are many options left out in wp8 which annoys many people.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well this one annoys me ;)

Plus, this should be an easy add tot he UI and backend. Add a simple radio button and text for the option in settings, add the variable in registry (or whatever they are using now for intel storage), and a simple "if" statement to check the status of the radio button when new mail arrives (or wherever/whenever the action of blocking attachments is triggered). Done.

I just did their job for them. All they have to do is copy and paste my instructions into their brain and off they go! Now they can work on more important things ;)

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Haha and that's the problem with Microsoft. It is just that easy. Or they are to lazy to do it or they just don't see it. Maybe they have certain other important reasons why they aren't making that option. But there are more things missing or odd in wp8. We have to live with it apparently.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Haha and that's the problem with Microsoft. It is just that easy. Or they are to lazy to do it or they just don't see it. Maybe they have certain other important reasons why they aren't making that option. But there are more things missing or odd in wp8. We have to live with it apparently.

I"m not a big fan of "living with it". I am too proud for that. As long as everyone is willing to "live with it", nothing will ever get done. I stand up and fight against the ambiguity of giving in.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Me neither, I was just saying. It annoys me that Microsoft don't listen to us. Like that big thing around the 'other usage' everyone is talking about. Every owner of a wp8 device has trouble with it. But no, Microsoft even doesn't take the time to say that they are working on it. Or they didn't noticed it either (which is very unlikely because many threads on Microsoft blogs are about the memory problem).

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I"m not a big fan of "living with it". I am too proud for that. As long as everyone is willing to "live with it", nothing will ever get done. I stand up and fight against the ambiguity of giving in.

Completely 100% agree!!! You sir are a man among men.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans