Possible store/app issue?

adambradford78

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I had to do a factory reset on my lumia 830 and have since noticed a really annoying problem with reintalling one of mymost used apps.

Basically, when i go to the store to reinstall the Mail Online app, it wasnt there, I then went to the 'My apps' list and it appears right at the bottom saying that its 'Not Available'.

However, when i checked with my daughters lumia 820, it IS available.

I just wondered why my phone wont install it any more and if there is any way to fix this?

Many thanks
Adam

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central Adam,

Sorry I can not really help you but only explain what you happened.
The Mail Online app is pulled from the store ("This app is no longer published") so you can not download it anymore.
This means that as long as you have the app on your phone you can use it but if you uninstall it you can not download it anymore. (So your daughter still has it because if an app is removed from the store does not mean that it is also deleted from every phone.)

If you do a backup of apps+settings the apps are actual not back-upped but "only" the link to the store. So when you did the restore the "empty" app is visible in your applist but it can not be downloaded anymore from the store (because the publisher removed it from the store)

I do not know why the app is removed from the store for that you have to contact the developer of the app.

adambradford78

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi Harrie, Thank you for your response.

Yeah, i did a little more digging and the app that appears on my daughters phone is actually a different one. So i've wasted a few hours looking for an issue that does actually exist. lol

Thanks anyway. /

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos