Possible trade for a Lumia 930

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Good Day,

I miss windows phone. I still have my Lumia 920 but switched to Android since no Canadian Carriers offer Windows Phone and I couldn't afford one out of pocket. Anyways I have the opportunity to trade my Nexus 6P for Lumia 930 in perfect condition. Just wanted some perspective from anyone using a Lumia 930 now. How is windows 10 on the 930? Does it run smooth or are there lots of issues? (ie microphone and battery life) I'm bored with Android, but I must admit the Nexus 6P is a wonderful device that works well. I just don't want to trade it and then inherit issues caused by Windows 10.

Any perspective is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, its a capable device.

As for the issues, its not guaranteed to have them. Sure, these kinds of issues are more prevalent as opposed to other kinds of issues and other models. Since its likely going to be used, I would take it on a case-by-case basis, or, just inspect the phone closely.

Unless you really know what you're getting, I'm not sure I can recommend 10. If you're in the US, I'd try to snag that $30 640 deal for a better feel at minimal cost.

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply!
Yeah I have no idea what I'm getting, just the individuals word that its in perfect condition. Just don't want to give away a perfectly good phone for a device that I might have issues with. Its a gamble.

oh yeah? Win 10 not that stable yet?

I've seen that deal, however I'm in Canada and carriers here don't offer any of the newer windows phone devices. I think some carriers are still offering the L520.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Well MS is kinda going backwards on functionality, for instance, they're removing in system FM radio support, meaning you'll have to go for 3rd party apps to use it. But my lack of recommendation in case of 930 is related to my personal experience in regards to hardware. My unit was RMA'd 5 times in about 15 months. I had dead gsm module, dead microphones, screen lift (which microsoft refuses to fix because they see nothing wrong with screen lifting above the frame of the device, despite the fact that I already explained to them specific software issues it causes) and on top of that some damage was done during the RMA service itself (scratched back, display, broken camera button). All of those issues are fairly common and trading a perfectly working 6P for a 930 with all those risks involved wouldn't by wise in my opinion. Honestly, at this point 6P is obviously a better device, hardware and software wise. If you were suppose to trade it in for a 930 the person getting the 6P would only gain from this trade.

Sure, you'll have people telling you "I have no problems with my device", probably as many as those that will tell you they do have problems with their 930. It's a risky trade.

Stormdrunk

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Yeah I don't think I want to risk trading my 6P and inheriting a possible problem device that I will have to use for the next couple years. My Lumia 920 still works if I need Win Phone fix.
Thanks for sharing your experience, and thank you for your advice. It's greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786