Prevent usage of Skydrive

Scherooom

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody and thanks for your answers !

@tk-093: I totally agree with you, it's not about 100% security, its more about "we did everything we could". You're also right about the fact that for example only blocking iCloud on iOS devices doesn't restrict the users to install DropBox, Skydrive or some other cloud app from the appstore. But what you can do (and what we did) is create App-Blacklists in your MDM (most of them support this). For example I have a blacklist in place that continuously checks all devices if there's an app with "DropBox" in its name on a device. If this is the case I just contact the user and ask them to remove it. You could also automatically impose restrictions on the device if it violates any of your company policies, for example blocking it's access to ActiveSync or whatever.

Oh, and because you asked: We are using Afaria to manage around 1500 iOS devices, works pretty well since Afaria version 7. I also worked with Mobile Iron in the past and took a look at AirWatch, in the end they all do the same.
You could build something like these by just creating the policies you need with the iOS Configuration Utility. These are just XML files, and all you need to do is to put them on a webserver so the mobile devices can get them from there. Of course you wouldn't have any user management and so on, but thats why there are "ready-to-run" MDM systems on the market.

Well, then we'll just wait for 8.1 in the hopes that MS will build a competetive MDM API into Windows Phone. Omitting this would be stupid imho, as they currently self-restrict their chances to get a real marketshare in enterprises with Windows Phone.

Thanks again guys ! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium