waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
New features I was asking for::

Yes, got it!
  • IE Favorites cloud backup
  • Contact name auto-import to custom dictionary
  • Separate volume control for headphones
  • Fix endless loop caused by hard reset (Lumia 920)

No? I hate you.
  • String of numbers in emails still handled as if they could only be a telephone number (fail for FedEx, DHL, Canada Post tracking numbers, which are also all-numerical).
  • Twitter emails *always* give "Download incomplete" error and refuse to be zoomed by ANY method (tap, pinch, you name it).
  • "Cart" or "Wish List" in Microsoft Store, for apps you want to download later, but don't want to have to search for again, etc.
  • Support for Outlook Categories.
  • Automated and unified inbox where all emails from one account show up, regardless of sub/folder (just like in Blackberries).
  • Full phone backup to PC
  • "Drive To" ____ address in phonebook contact details (instead of, or in addition to "Map ____ address")
  • Save email attachments directly to OneDrive
  • Save inline images in emails (images put in the body)
  • Attach more than just pictures to emails
  • Louder alarm clock

I think that's everything :smile:

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
There is an option when your in a call to use Skype for video, the button is grayed out, maybe waiting for an update to the Skype app.

If you have Skype installed and the user is associated to a Skype account, the button is active and you can switch the call to Skype. I've done it with the Preview.

Danjp

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you have Skype installed and the user is associated to a Skype account, the button is active and you can switch the call to Skype. I've done it with the Preview.

Does the pperson your calling have to have the number tied to thier skype account, it doesn't seem to work for me.

T1Cybernetic

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center and Separate volume for apps/media is just about the greatest :D But I can't find a way to go Silent for bed times :( Or am I overlooking it.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's another change... Not so welcome... The phone alarm doesn't sound when the ringer is set to vibrate... And that's a bummer... Considering that I do want to turn the ringer off when going to sleep but count on the alarm to wake me up.

Kind of a head scratcher why the alarm isn't a discrete volume control, considering how they built out that functionality. of all the things I needed separate volumes controls for that was at the top of the list. Not so much because I want quiet hours, but because i lower the ringer volume and forget to turn it back up when I go to bed and I rely on the alarm so heavily.

Does the alarm still get gradually louder up to max the way it used to? I have slept through my alarm twice now and I never used to.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, we already had an X to close for those who don't understand how Windows Phone manages itself. Why did we need to add a way that makes it look like another OS?

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Its not the matter of copying look and feel of other OS, swipe down to close is easier, and convienient as you don't have to reach for the close button, especially in case of bigger phones, and same is the case for small screen phones, you don't have to click a special button, just tap anywhere on app and swipe down...

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center and Separate volume for apps/media is just about the greatest :D But I can't find a way to go Silent for bed times :( Or am I overlooking it.
Two taps and you are done, silent your phone in two taps, press the volume key, expand the view, press the icon below both volume numbers, it's done...

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
- New charging sound (don't like it)
- Set custom notification sounds for each app in settings
- Support for iOS Passbooks and NFC payments in the wallet app even when the phone is locked
- New Wi-Fi things (data sense, turn Wi-Fi back on in 1, 4 hours, when I get near my favorite places)
- If you have Cortana enabled, she can pick out from context reminders, calendar appointments etc. in texts, emails and the like (this can be turned off)
- Data sense tile now shows your actual data remaining
- You can now edit and remove items from the now playing queue in Xbox music
- Word Flow "swipe" keyboard (using it to write this post actually)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that after the recent 8.1 update, Cortana reminders can now be edited through the Calendar app.

dubai911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
People need to write about change logs more! I'm struggling to find out what actually changed in the new releases!

Thanks in advance

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria