Prey for Xbox One review – An unforgettable sci-fi horror game that's dark, deep and dizzying

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
prey-chair.jpg

Prey masterfully combines elements from some of sci-fi horror's greatest games into a single glorious, blood-spattered tapestry. Put simply, Prey is a triumph.
I preordered Prey after playing its "First Hour" demo recently, specifically to write this review. As impressive as Prey's mind-warping opening is, I found the combat to be a little awkward, the visuals to be dated, and the familiarity of its setting to be a little suspect. You simply can't discuss this game without mentioning Bioshock.

From Prey's UI elements, "experiments-gone-wrong" plot, and art deco-inspired style, few Bioshock fans will be able to avoid the comparisons. And neither will Prey's reviewers.
That said, the comparisons only hold weight at the very surface of Prey. As you get under Prey's skin and stalk its painstakingly detailed environments, liberating map layouts, and uncompromisingly dynamic engine, you'll arrive at the same conclusion that I have: Prey is a truly special game.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria