Problem after micro SD card inserted

jwckauman

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
We installed a class 10 Kingston micro SD card into a Lumia 520. After that, the device started having a very specific yet intermittent issue. Sometimes, if you set the device aside and then tried to turn it back on, nothing would happen (or you would see the AT&T logo and then it would back to black screen). Thinking that it was a battery drain, you would plug it into a charger, and you would get 1) the AT&T logo followed by the symbol that means low battery/charging (picture of a drained battery with a plug symbol over it). However, the device would never charge. It stayed like this forever. The only solution we have found (and it's a temporary one) is to take out the battery and put it back in. Then the phone boots up normally and it shows whatever charge it had before the problem started (sometimes 99% charged).

So the problem is NOT a battery being drained quickly. The problem is that the phone gets into this corrupted state where the only fix is to remove the battery and put it back in (this doesn't work the first time always but it eventually works).

Thinking that we had a bad card (or one that was incompatible) we removed the SD card. The problem still occurs.

What do y'all think? We don't want to factory reset as we will lose a lot of application data (e.g. game saves) and customization that took a long time to get into place. Do you think we screwed up the phone by using a micro SD card? Do you think the OS is corrupt? Is it a hardware issue? I don't know what to do.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm usina a sandisk 64 Gb Micro SDHC on my Lumia 525 and i never had this problem.
I guess it got into a loop.
My 800 died cos of some battery problem. But i guess Nokia fixed the battery drain problem.
Try resetting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12