Problem getting free wireless charge plate with ATT preorder

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Funny how on the site when you pull up the offer details it makes no mention of "While supplies last" and clearly states the promotion is good until 1-10-2013. I think the phone reps are clueless.

Where are those offer details?

In the media release Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T it clearly says "For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate ? free of charge ? with each purchase of a Lumia 920."

I'm wondering if we can still get the charging plates even if AT&T sold out at that Nokia website? Nokia Free Charger If so I will be going there 11/16 asap.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine just now and the pop-up that tells you to get the free charging plate states *with a 2 year agreement. I am not up for an upgrade so it charged me the $49.99 for the charging plate.

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Where are those offer details?

In the media release Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T it clearly says "For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate ? free of charge ? with each purchase of a Lumia 920."

I'm wondering if we can still get the charging plates even if AT&T sold out at that Nokia website? Nokia Free Charger If so I will be going there 11/16 asap.

https://www.wireless.att.com/busine...gh Gloss Yellow)&promotionId=promo11210900035

DocSc00teR

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've been getting the runaround on the free wireless charger all morning. Placed an order at 3 AM EST. Called at 7 AM. They ended up cancelling my order and redirecting me to Business Services. They tried to convert my account over to a Small Business Plan (which would have cost me more money, actually, with all our phones). They sent me back to re-order the phone, which I did. Still no free charger plate. I've probably talked with a half dozen AT&T reps today trying to get confirmation that the freebie is part of my order. (What is it with AT&T and bouncing us from department to department when they don't know the answer?)

FINALLY I got ahold of a rep who was patient and understanding. She did some checking with supervisors, who in turn checked with someone else -- all while I was still on the line. The Sales Department was told that because it was a press-release promotional, the wireless chargers will automatically be added with the phones when they're shipped. She said they were being told that from multiple sources.

HOWEVER, she also said that I should print out my invoice, print out a copy of the press release from the AT&T web site, and hold 'em until the phones arrive. In the event that there are no chargers with my new phones, I should take the paperwork to my local AT&T store (corporate owned, not franchised) and show it to them. She assured me that they would make arrangements to get the chargers to me for free -- either from their stock or by expediting a shipment.

The one thing I was told repeatedly was that I can rest assured that I'll somehow be getting chargers with my new phones. Yay.

Scott

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've been getting the runaround on the free wireless charger all morning. Placed an order at 3 AM EST. Called at 7 AM. They ended up cancelling my order and redirecting me to Business Services. They tried to convert my account over to a Small Business Plan (which would have cost me more money, actually, with all our phones). They sent me back to re-order the phone, which I did. Still no free charger plate. I've probably talked with a half dozen AT&T reps today trying to get confirmation that the freebie is part of my order. (What is it with AT&T and bouncing us from department to department when they don't know the answer?)

FINALLY I got ahold of a rep who was patient and understanding. She did some checking with supervisors, who in turn checked with someone else -- all while I was still on the line. The Sales Department was told that because it was a press-release promotional, the wireless chargers will automatically be added with the phones when they're shipped. She said they were being told that from multiple sources.

HOWEVER, she also said that I should print out my invoice, print out a copy of the press release from the AT&T web site, and hold 'em until the phones arrive. In the event that there are no chargers with my new phones, I should take the paperwork to my local AT&T store (corporate owned, not franchised) and show it to them. She assured me that they would make arrangements to get the chargers to me for free -- either from their stock or by expediting a shipment.

The one thing I was told repeatedly was that I can rest assured that I'll somehow be getting chargers with my new phones. Yay.

Scott

In one of our midnight threads this was also mentioned. A rep told a few of that it would be shipped with the phone whether you add it to the order or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos