Problems with Cyan update on Lumia720

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Bugs that ive come across after updating to cyan

I recently updated to cyan by downgrading to black and the updating to cyan coz I was on DP
but after installing Cyan the phone failed to restore the apps that i had backed up and the restore failed
Later when installing the apps manually BBM app installed on the phone but it doesnt show up in the app list bcoz of that i cant uninstall it to reinstall it

wp_ss_20140815_0001.png wp_ss_20140815_0002.png

Also with cyan i shud b able to use the brightness profile. That setting is also unavailable [not sure though if others have got it or not]
wp_ss_20140815_0003.png

the last issue Ive encountered is that pics taken with the front camera have weird strip on the left edge. Happens with nokia camera as well as with MS camera [happens under low light conditions]
the problem is visible more when the pic is viewed on the mobile screen

WP_20140815_019.jpg WP_20140815_020.jpg
WP_20140815_021.jpg

jadan127

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Having similar issues. I put a detailed account in the thread titled: "Apparent loss of cloud data (apps+settings) when trying to restore same phone with another firmware". Sorry I cant add the link, as I havent posed enuf, but thats the title to search for. Seems we are not alone. I assume its from the Cyan part of the update. Im missing a lot of the apps I had backed up. Hoping we can make some noise to get this issue known.

If anyone else has had this issue or knows of a way to fix it, please help us out!

cheers
Jadan

Santhosh Nandakumar

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok Here are a few that i have to list

• Live Lock Screen Visibly Slow... the image behind the lock screen is pixelte and an eye sore. Cant complain much as its beta software
  • The time taken to open apps has marginally increased
    [*]IMP : my camera flash is not working with Nokia Camera or Office Lens. But it worked with Camera 360 app
  • Battery drains a bit quickly

mukulagarwal

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
#For me for few days my phone dint ring and vibrate when someone called me.I dint no wat was reason but earlier I was using cortana in India by changing region but when I changed back my region to India the phone rings and vibrates and every thing is rit.
#And I am not able to install UC browser, the app says attention required every time.
#apps are also a bit laggy.

asharma13

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I am having Lumia 720 & I faced the same restoring problem. The problem with my restoration was, while setting up the phone after hard-reset, I had selected "English" language and "India Region". After this there was no restoration option. On my next hard-reset (just 3 days after), I remembered that previously I have selected "English (United States)" language and region "India. I selected the same options as previous installation and I got an option to restore apps and settings.

Long story short, your region & language must match with the previous installation for restoration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss