Problems with Ms Word while typing,

Luiz Jacinto

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i?ve recently bought an 640xl. I was very satisfied until I tested the Ms office. I am writing a novel, and sometimes I do not have access to my laptop, then I was hoping I could use the Word that comes with the phone when I am away from it. The problem is when I am typing, the keys are pressed, but the words take a long time to appear. I have to wait for the words to appear on screen to realize I made a mistake. This is quite annoying, the words usually take 3~4 seconds to show up. This doesn?t happen when I am writing from scratch. Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a phone limitation? Sorry for my bad english.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, sorry to hear about your problems with typing within word.
I don't know how it is on Windows Phone 8.1 update 2, but on my 640XL on Windows 10 Mobile in Word I do not have that problem (from what I do remember there was no lag on mine in WP8.1 Update 2 and there is a split second lag on W10M in word - but nothing like what you describe). Are you typing in English or another language? It could be that Word is trying to spell check your writing and doesn't have the correct language in place. This is pure speculation. Try to temporarily turn off spellchecking. Go to Settings/Language, keyboard options (not sure where that is on WP8.1) and change all or some of the settings (e.g. turn off suggest text, highlight misspelled words...etc.).

I am positive it is not limited by the 640XL and has something to do with your settings.

Not sure what you mean by "when I am writing from scratch".

RichardTheKing

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i?ve recently bought an 640xl. I was very satisfied until I tested the Ms office. I am writing a novel, and sometimes I do not have access to my laptop, then I was hoping I could use the Word that comes with the phone when I am away from it. The problem is when I am typing, the keys are pressed, but the words take a long time to appear. I have to wait for the words to appear on screen to realize I made a mistake. This is quite annoying, the words usually take 3~4 seconds to show up. This doesn?t happen when I am writing from scratch. Is there a way to fix this? Or is it a phone limitation? Sorry for my bad english.

Hello,
I have just tried now on my 640XL 8.1, and no issue at all, the words are appearing instantaneously (new and old doc)
Do you have any ram left on the 8GB of your phone (I still got 1.5GB)?

Luiz Jacinto

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry to hear about your problems with typing within word.
I don't know how it is on Windows Phone 8.1 update 2, but on my 640XL on Windows 10 Mobile in Word I do not have that problem (from what I do remember there was no lag on mine in WP8.1 Update 2 and there is a split second lag on W10M in word - but nothing like what you describe). Are you typing in English or another language? It could be that Word is trying to spell check your writing and doesn't have the correct language in place. This is pure speculation. Try to temporarily turn off spellchecking. Go to Settings/Language, keyboard options (not sure where that is on WP8.1) and change all or some of the settings (e.g. turn off suggest text, highlight misspelled words...etc.).

I am positive it is not limited by the 640XL and has something to do with your settings.

Not sure what you mean by "when I am writing from scratch".

Wow, that totally fixed it, thanks a lot. I disabled the spell check and now i can type. I am currently writing in portuguese and i have this language installed. Maybe when i migrate to win 10 this won't be a problem. By from scratch I meant to start a new document instead of editing. Maybe the spell check takes a while to check the entire doc, which causes the laggy input. My novel has more than 80 pages. Again, thanks a lot.

Luiz Jacinto

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I have just tried now on my 640XL 8.1, and no issue at all, the words are appearing instantaneously (new and old doc)
Do you have any ram left on the 8GB of your phone (I still got 1.5GB)?

Same here, I believe the issue is with the spell checking using too much of the system resources and causing the laggy input.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that totally fixed it, thanks a lot. I disabled the spell check and now i can type. I am currently writing in portuguese and i have this language installed. Maybe when i migrate to win 10 this won't be a problem. By from scratch I meant to start a new document instead of editing. Maybe the spell check takes a while to check the entire doc, which causes the laggy input. My novel has more than 80 pages. Again, thanks a lot.

great that it worked. Maybe a good idea to submit a bug report to MS about this.
cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo