Problems with the auto-rotation of my 2-in-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfonso Giancola

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm having issues with the auto-rotation of my lenovo flex 5 (2020) with a ryzen 7 4700u. The screen won't rotate anymore when I flip the screen of my device, and also touchpad and keyboard won't automatically disable. I have tried to check for updates to do but it is all updated. Obviously the rotation is unlocked. Thanks for the help!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm having issues with the auto-rotation of my lenovo flex 5 (2020) with a ryzen 7 4700u. The screen won't rotate anymore when I flip the screen of my device, and also touchpad and keyboard won't automatically disable. I have tried to check for updates to do but it is all updated. Obviously the rotation is unlocked. Thanks for the help!

Welcome Alfonso: This looks like a nice machine. I haven't experienced this with my Surface tablets. The Surface 3 has been on version 2004 since late August. I do see other references to this problem with the Flex 5, including this one: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...5-auto-screen-rotate-not-working/td-p/3848921.
This is dated, so it may have nothing to do with yours, but I though it may help if you got yours from the same retailer. There's also a recent Amazon (2-star) reviewer that cites this problem.

My only thought is that an application that you use might have (auto-)locked it for its own requirements or limitations. The link, though, suggests it is a broader problem, maybe a bad batch. Good luck, in any event.

Alfonso Giancola

Oct 31, 2020
Visit site
Welcome Alfonso: This looks like a nice machine. I haven't experienced this with my Surface tablets. The Surface 3 has been on version 2004 since late August. I do see other references to this problem with the Flex 5, including this one: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo...5-auto-screen-rotate-not-working/td-p/3848921.
This is dated, so it may have nothing to do with yours, but I though it may help if you got yours from the same retailer. There's also a recent Amazon (2-star) reviewer that cites this problem.

My only thought is that an application that you use might have (auto-)locked it for its own requirements or limitations. The link, though, suggests it is a broader problem, maybe a bad batch. Good luck, in any event.

Thank you so much for your answer, I think the guys in the linked thread had my same issue... I will wait a few other days for some windows update then I will try to reinstall windows. If it doesn't work I have to use the warranty. It's a shame because when it worked properly it was a wonderful device :unhappysweat: Anyway.. thanks for the suggestion, have a nice day!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)